Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!

Sidney_Losstarot

Souls: 18,906.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 2140
So, i've this game on my PS4 since the day i bought a PS4....but i've never even started it
i've got some questions about....

Is it playable even solo ? Or do i have to make a party for every single quest ?
I've seen that you can use melee weapons.....can the game be beaten using melee weapons as primary weapon ?
Being a FTP are the Weapons/Armors inside the game decent ? Or do I have to spend real money to get something that I'll never get in the game ?

Thanks for your answers :cheers:

HazamaOuroborous

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 939.00
Bank: 4,835.00
Wiki Edits: 90
You can, slowly, unlock pretty much everything in the game, although it will take a while! (although there are some items that are only able to be bought by Platinum, and that's a premium currency)
Also melee weapons are viable, but they're in their own slot, so you have to hold Triangle to select it as your main used weapon during a mission, otherwise just mash Circle near bad guys to beat them up :P

As for playing the game, you can do the missions solo, although the Conclave is basically useless unless you join a Clan.
Otherwise you can go through the whole thing solo no problem (which is what I'm doing at the moment).
"Acts of goodness are not always wise, and acts of evil are not always foolish, but regardless, we shall always strive to be good" - Martyr Logarius

I have a shiny youtube thingy: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAWBcU3fZAgxElrPxeoXgjg

Forum_Pirate

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 22,906.50
Wiki Edits: 18
Sidney_Losstarot wrote:So, i've this game on my PS4 since the day i bought a PS4....but i've never even started it
i've got some questions about....

Is it playable even solo ? Or do i have to make a party for every single quest ?
I've seen that you can use melee weapons.....can the game be beaten using melee weapons as primary weapon ?
Being a FTP are the Weapons/Armors inside the game decent ? Or do I have to spend real money to get something that I'll never get in the game ?

Thanks for your answers :cheers:

Yes, but it has matchmaking for most missions. For the sorties (dailies) and raids (of which there are only 2) you're almost certainly going to need a group and have to have a group of at least 4 (respectively.)

On certian frames, yes. It's not ideal in many situations, but it is quite powerful under the right circumstances.

You should drop the idea that you can "beat" warframe though, new content is introduced super rapidly and it's more about enjoying the combat mechanics that any driving story or level progression system.

All of the best stuff in game can only be earned through actual play. You can pay other people for it if you want, but somebody had to actually go out and earn it. You can't just buy it from some store. You *can* buy the regular weapons with real money, but what a huge waste of money that is. (not because they're bad, because they're easy to get)

Players can trade the preimum currency (ie the one you spend real money to buy, it's called platinum) between eachother, so if you want to farm/get lucky you can sell stuff you have and use the platinum to buy things either from other players or the store without actually haveing to spend any money.

You don't pay to win in warframe, you pay to skip farming or buildtimes. Paying to skip farming (outside specific super rare items) is mostly pointless, because the entire game is just the combat mechanics so either you like those and farming isn't really an issue, or you don't and the game has nothing to offer you.

It's an mmo though, so be careful or this will happen.

"Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions"
- George W. Bush

XuitusTheGreat

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 1,794.50
Wiki Edits: 21
You can solo 99% of the game (it just takes longer solo)

I use the Galatine with the move set mod that lets me spin2win and each spin adds 200% damage... I love it, so you you can totally melee almost everything and when you need a gun.... I use the Opticor....it more or less one shots everything in the game with the right mods

Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Forum_Pirate

Duke's Archivist
Judge

XuitusTheGreat wrote:You can solo 99% of the game (it just takes longer solo)

I use the Galatine with the move set mod that lets me spin2win and each spin adds 200% damage... I love it, so you you can totally melee almost everything and when you need a gun.... I use the Opticor....it more or less one shots everything in the game with the right mods

Jit Kitag master race.
"Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions"
- George W. Bush

XuitusTheGreat

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 1,794.50
Wiki Edits: 21
Forum_Pirate wrote:

Jit Kitag master race.

Ok ok....it's moveset mod is preeeeetty fun....

Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

zgillet

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 496.50
Wiki Edits: 9
You might as well kiss 1000 hours goodbye...

Byrgenwerth... Byrgenwerth...
Blasphemous murderers... Blood-crazed fiends.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Forum_Pirate

Duke's Archivist
Judge

XuitusTheGreat wrote:
Forum_Pirate wrote:

Jit Kitag master race.

Ok ok....it's moveset mod is preeeeetty fun....

especially with warcry+beserker. Valkyr is less a frame and more a meat grinder with that spinning pause combo. Sadly, valkyr isn't really a team frame (unless the whole team is melee) so I don't really get to use her much.

I do think that the complete lack of necessity to actually manage energy (brought on by plates/zenurik/trinity) combined with the damage/armor scaling of enemies severly over values perma CC so if you're doing high level content nobody wants or needs a killframe. Maybe 1 killframe if it's high level a defense or survival. If you can only bring 1 killframe, it's basically never going to me a melee frame. It's going to be ash or exca or mesa, something with some real range and so higher overall dps.
- George W. Bush

Scudman

Revived
Savior

Souls: 14,252.00
Wiki Edits: 12
Loki masterrace.

I need to go back to playing it ,they changed the void now, better way of farming.

Nobody to play with though lmao.
You may call me Giflon, human. For I am the Lord of Gifs, and I am here to bring the dankest of memes the internet has to offer!