Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
Not sure if this is affected by faith, but with 25 faith this heals for 10hp per second. It can be used with both Bestial Vitality and the Blessed Dew Talisman, giving you 3 sources of passive healing - so long as you remain within the fairly small AoE.

Effect seems to last for 35 seconds. So heals roughly 350hp, not great, not useless - but for being an ash of war that goes on your shield that's probably okay for any Paladin builds. And if you do manage to heal allies with it somehow, can probably be rather efficient.
By Anonymous
So at 57 Faith it still only heals for 10 at a time, my guess is it gets better as the shield is upgraded. It also raises defense stats by 13-15. I say 13-15 because it was 13 for some stats and 15 for others
By Anonymous
Can confirm on a +25 sheild that the healing remains the same at 10hp/sec
By Anonymous
Mine was healing 10hp/s. Also boosts all negation by 20 points before diminishing returns.

The AoE is pretty small. Its not a great measurement but its slightly bigger than two backsteps, probably the same as the standard heals AoE. Lasts 35 sec
By Anonymous
Will this bost with the more faith you have?
By Anonymous
Stacks with boon dot healings, holy ground weapon art, dew talisman, icon shield.
By Anonymous
A real shame that you can't put this AoW on the Icon shield, those 2 where made for Each Other
By Anonymous
As a low fp tank build, put this on your mimic tear and watch him spam this all over the boss arena.
By Azareis
Posts Avatar
Worth noting is that Holy Ground and Ironjar Aromatic have a surprising amount of synergy with each other. Holy Ground's main issues are that you have to stay in the circle to benefit from it, and it has a long usage animation you can be knocked out of. However, Ironjar Aromatic comes out fairly fast, makes it hard for you to move, adds a ton of poise, and makes attacks bounce off of you. Holy Ground also helps mitigate the lightning weakness Ironjar Aromatic adds, and the 10 hp/sec regen becomes much more valuable with their combined physical resistances. Both of these also stack with Golden Vow as well, and while each additional buff gives diminishing returns in the area of physical resistances, it further diminishes the lightning weakness while also providing a small damage buff.

Assuming you use the Golden Vow weapon art (shortest duration), using them in order of Golden Vow > Holy Ground > Ironjar Aromatic, they will all expire at around the same time. Further, when Holy Ground disappears it's a hard-to-miss visual indicator that Ironjar Aromatic is about to go as well, signaling to be ready to block or dodge so your suddenly squishier self isn't haplessly crushed. If you keep a stock of Uplifting Aromatic, you could feasibly also use it in the final seconds of Ironjar Aromatic to give yourself some insurance as you leave tank mode, which would be helpful for characters who are naturally more fragile such as spellcasters.

Making use of this specific trio is a pretty hard-counter for strong enemies that deal mostly physical damage. My fragile Int/Faith pure caster can use it to laugh in the face of Greater Runebears and such, once I realized this.
By Anonymous
Try using seppuku on yourself, and then using this AOW with your seppuku buff still active. The result is really funny.
By Anonymous
Reduces damage by 20%
By Anonymous
Does this AoW effect my enemies. I mean invaders and duelist.
By Anonymous
No