Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
Anyone find it yet?
By Anonymous
Drops off the Axe wielding guys at Castle Morne. use the item find item and good luck! The crescent moon axe is better if your going after it for pvp. its essentially a longer ranged GreatAxe. (the short one)
By Anonymous
Yes its dropped by creatures in the southernmost part of the map, before you enter that castle to find the blind girls father. From the grace where you initially see the castle, turn left once you go through the hole in the walls that signal the entrance to the area. Mobs are along that left wall
By Anonymous
Yep. Can be dropped from the enemies that wells them in the fortress at the far south of the map.
By Anonymous
Dropped to me from axe wielding Misbegotten in Castle Morne
By Anonymous
the drop rate for this thing is horrendous, I'm on attempt 30-ish, only 1 drop so far, and it wasn't even the axe.
By Anonymous
so which one is longer again? the crescent or this one?
By Anonymous
@March 6th anon:
Good to know. Thanks!
By Anonymous
Yep, right at the bottom of the map, the sleeping one over the bridge from the site of grace - 75 mins farm
By Anonymous
Dismounter is even longer!
By Anonymous
I had this weapon drop from an enemy in the southernmost part of the map, near the fort where the blind girls father is. One of the enemies along the wall surrounding the area had it.
By Anonymous
I keep getting the old fang instead of the axe. *sigh*

Who made this drop rate so awful?
By Anonymous
I have been grinding for this for more than an hour.
By Anonymous
For me it dropped randomly, but its damage is not particularly overwhelming. I assume its due to the damage type being standard.
Having a slash weapon and a strike weapon seems to be more effective (using Bloodhound's Fang and Caestus is very effective so far).
By Anonymous
Best farm for these is from Windmill Village grace go down the stairs immediate right straight towards the farm where two of them spawn you can kill one while other has Visions of Mushroom
By Anonymous
Better farm in the Unsightly Catacombs, three of them there
By Anonymous
I got lucky and this dropped for me while I was just going through the Morne Castle quest. It's been my primary for a while but I'll have to give the other greataxes a try once I decide to pump my str up past 24.
By Anonymous
Compared to the Greataxe (the weapon by the same name, not the type) weapon you get from the convoy near Waypoint ruins, Longshaft Axe has about 5% less base damage but ~15% more STR scaling. The two weapons have an identical moveset with the Longshaft Axe being about ~40% longer than the Greataxe. Afaik Longshaft Axe is the longest greataxe in the game. While fine on foot, it shines as an excellent mounted weapon.

Regarding farming for it, if you're a low level or struggling with the axe-wielding misbegotten's delayed attacks, try spamming jump r2s while standing still in front of them. Even with a slow weapon, it's faster than any of the misbegotten's attacks and each hit with a heavy enough weapon (e.g., Any Greataxe) will keep them stagger locked. My fresh out of the gate level 7 Hero was able to do this after making a b-line for Greataxe and then heading to the Rampant Gaol site of grace to farm.
By Anonymous
longhaft.
By Anonymous
Godrick and crescent moon are longer, and exec has same range as longshaft
By Anonymous
The weapon art it comes with is War Cry
By Anonymous
mario needs to save princess peach again
By Anonymous
This should have been 100 miles long