Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
As an INT/STR hybrid this axe nets a VERY respectable AR on Magic infusion. Great range, tons of poise dmg, hyper armor, and a very nice selection of viable ashes of war for a multitude of builds.

Easily the coolest looking greataxe too IMO.
By Anonymous
The best place to farm for this is in the Unsightly Catacombs in the Altus Plateau. There are actually three Misbegottens wielding this, right next to each other, just beyond the first room.
By Anonymous
Thank you
By Anonymous
Didn't farm for it, got it anyway. Somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd sites of grace while helping random people in coop .

Beefed up hyperarmor and longer range sounds like a good combo. People make too big of a deal about damage. Fully upgraded anything does the job if you know how to use it.
By Anonymous
This weapon isn't anywhere near good enough to justify such a low droprate. Why spend potentially hours/days grinding for this when there are so many better weapons that are much easier to obtain? The regular greataxe costs 6 more str to wield, does marginally more damage and you can get it in the first 20 minutes of the game. The anchor can be obtained by beating a misbegotten miniboss in a mine not too far off from Castle Morne, so why make the droprate so insanely low for such a run-of-the-mill weapon?
By Anonymous
Range. This axe is long enough to actually be useful. The other axes are way too short. Also appears to have superior hyper amour
By Anonymous
I farm from Castle Morne Rampart grace. You can literally jump from spirit spring to it’s location, by aiming to the roof on the wall and do double jump before you land on it.
By Anonymous
Second try at the caste mourne rampart grace.
By Anonymous
Thank you so much dude! Got it first try!
By Anonymous
195 disco been at it for 2 hours at windmill
By Anonymous
Farmed the enemy wielding one at the last grace of Morne castle for almost 2 hours, 1 old fang, and finally the axe. Averaged 1 kill per 25 seconds? Discovery was at 111.
By Anonymous
Wondering if any one has gotten this axe from the misbegotten early game at castle mourne sense the latest patch? I have farmed the same misbegotten with it that is mentioned in above farming techniques over n over at around 160 discovery using the silver birds foot consumable and it's just not dropping. Wondering if I'm that unlucky or if something else is going on?
By Anonymous
I got it, good luck.
By Anonymous
I also just found it unintentionally in CM. probably killed about 10 of these guys total before it dropped.
By Anonymous
The length of this thing is not to be underestimated. Greataxes got a noticable attack speed buff from previous fromsoft games, so having this extra reach is more than worth the sight dip in damage compared to Greataxe proper. Still a big lump of metal and hits like one, so shoring up the classic weaknesses of the class is a welcome boon
By Anonymous
Farm the one at Castle Mourne you can clear the room next to the grace of rats for rune arcs while your running over the bridge for the axe drop