Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By DTPandemonium
Seluvis did not talk about the fingerslayer blade even after reloading area so I could never get it. I thought it was because I didn't do the potion quest yet after I completed it and went back to him he still didn't talk about the blade. Bugged I guess...
By StairFacts
Can you get this talisman and progress his questline without having to kill Nepheli? Such as giving the potion to the Dung Eater, or giving it to Gideon? I honestly didn't even know about him giving this talisman until after he was already dead, and on my current playthrough I messed up the Nepheli questline by killing Gostoc, so I'd like to get both the talisman and finish her quest properly if possible.
By Anonymous
Yes. Instead of giving the poison to Nepheli, talk with her father and give it to him. You can save Nepheli and continue Seluvis quest.
By Anonymous
Yes, you can talk to her father and give the poison to him instead. In that way, you can save Nepheli and continue Seluvis quest without problem.
By Anonymous
killing gostec doesnt mess up nepheli questline as far as i know you only miss his ancient dragon stone that he sells and hes just not there in throne room
By Anonymous
You're better off using the ritual sword talisman. You get +10% dmg with no detriment to your defense.
By Anonymous
except it doesn't enhance magic attacks
By Anonymous
Or you can use both.
By Anonymous
It does enhance magic attacks.
1409 Cometshard without
1550 Cometshard with ritual sword talisman

The main benefit of the scorpion charm is that it works for you even if you're below 100% HP. The ritual sword talisman will not benefit you if you are below 100% HP. The ritual sword talisman has the added benefit of increasing the AR of non magical attacks as well.
By Anonymous
It does enhance magic attacks.
1409 Cometshard without
1550 Cometshard with ritual sword talisman

The main benefit of the scorpion charm is that it works for you even if you're below 100% HP. The ritual sword talisman will not benefit you if you are below 100% HP. The ritual sword talisman has the added benefit of increasing the AR of non magical attacks as well.
By Anonymous
Yes, it does buff magic attacks too. It buffs pretty much every source of damage despite the description
By Anonymous
What if you have an extra slot? I would use the scorpion for that extra slot as a mage user
By poopbeltch
Another weird quest that abruptly ends without warning. At no point are you given any hint whatsoever that giving Ranni the Fingerslayer Blade will end Seluvis’ quest. I gotta say, I love FromSoftware, but this kind of quest design is dumber than it is clever, forcing the player to replay the entire game because the game is always auto saving, and playing the game without a guide is a huge mistake. If you need to read an encyclopedia to tell you what not to do in this game, I think it’s bad design. I guess I should have seen this coming from an open world FromSoftware game. Open world is always a recipe for most developers. Sad.
By Varinese
To be fair, the Church of Vows exists. If you've listened to the big turtle then it's not really a big deal since you can undo the damage to Ranni's questline using a single item.
By Varinese
It would be nice if NPCs would drop certain missed rewards if they're pre-emptively killed off. You'd imagine that Seluvis doesn't go out of his way to get the talisman for you, so you'd assume it'd be fair to have it be on his body; it's similar to how I feel about Millicent and her talisman not dropping depending on your choices. Too quick on the draw with earlier reply after reading, answered to wrong issue with poor tone.
By Anonymous
i don't mind it tbf, i like that your actions have consequences, similarly with Fia and D. by giving him the dagger you pretty much sentence him to death.
By Anonymous
be fair this was done before in 3d dot game heroes so i can relate
By Anonymous
Ili does say that Blaidd will go mad, otherwise he wouldn't have locked him up and it is known that Blaidd doesn't care much for Seluvis. If you read into what people say you can figure it out.
By Anonymous
Whats with all the dumb replies. The npc at church of vows does not fix this issue so why mention it lol.
By Anonymous
Makes sense to me that Seluvis would keep scheming even if our character doesn't help him. Feels like a real world, where it keeps moving even if my hero isn't directly involved.
By Anonymous
Adding "Sad." to the end of your sentence just like Trump lol
By Anonymous
Wow to echo other comments that this is so easy to miss when it is such a big buff for a caster build, I am 30h into the game I find out "I ****ed up" this quest by not reading the wiki as there is no ingame clues for this.

**** like this is REALLY offputting, start over or play a gimped build for the rest of the game.
By Anonymous
Why is it that this is the only Scorpion Charm that locked behind an easily missed quest? Very stupid design choice if you ask me. At the very least, make it so you can still buy it from his bell if you miss out. None of the other 3 charms are done this way so I don't know why From decided that this was going to be where the Magic Charm comes from. This is my second play through now where I missed out on it because I didn't know when that puppet loving bozo dies...

/rant
By Anonymous
Did they fix his quest in 1.3? can you get this by alternate means now?
By Anonymous
Can someone drop this for me? I dont wanna do NG+ (Wanna help people kill the bosses).
By Aeregon
Could someone drop me this Item? I somehow ended the quest before I got the talisman.
By Anonymous
still no item, therefore time for NG+