Organize fightclubs, discuss tactics!

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Souls: 26,364.00
Wiki Edits: 41
IMO there are 3 main playstyles in pvp with them slightly differing depending on the player.

~Hyper aggressive players: They are always pushing into you always applying pressure often making reckless moves. They almost never back off.

~bait players: they are neither passive nor agressive. they will space very well through the entire fight and make you trade with them or fall into a combo that massively hurts you.

~passive/reactive players: The style that (IMO) emerged from DS2 and has stuck around in DS3. They almost never engage directly. they will always be very defensive and circle strafe. Almost any attack thrown your way is done because they are reacting directly to your attack. These are the players that draw out fights. And again imo the most frustrating to deal with and the most boring to watch.

I am a hyper aggressive player that mixes baiting into my style depending on the weapon. But i'm usually always trying to apply pressure and I will trade with others if I feel it's worth attempting. What playstyle do you often use? Which playstyle do you dislike the most?
A perfect evening involves pizza, some tea, some bros, and dark souls.

Lelouch465

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,570.00
BWO_RazrSrorm wrote:IMO there are 3 main playstyles in pvp with them slightly differing depending on the player.

~Hyper aggressive players: They are always pushing into you always applying pressure often making reckless moves. They almost never back off.

~bait players: they are neither passive nor agressive. they will space very well through the entire fight and make you trade with them or fall into a combo that massively hurts you.

~passive/reactive players: The style that (IMO) emerged from DS2 and has stuck around in DS3. They almost never engage directly. they will always be very defensive and circle strafe. Almost any attack thrown your way is done because they are reacting directly to your attack. These are the players that draw out fights. And again imo the most frustrating to deal with and the most boring to watch.

I am a hyper aggressive player that mixes baiting into my style depending on the weapon. But i'm usually always trying to apply pressure and I will trade with others if I feel it's worth attempting. What playstyle do you often use? Which playstyle do you dislike the most?

I prefer aggressive with a little bit baiting. I only play reactive-like when i have a fast weapons and my opponent has a heavy one. Luckily i dont need to do that most of the time because i prefer heavy weapons.
"Glares silently" ಠ_ಠ

FiveScissors475

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 1,211.70
Bank: 16,901.00
Wiki Edits: 221
Aggressive.

....Okay, I lied, I'm worse than ScottJund.
Sad doggo

Nunkuruji

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 6,796.50
You forgot the most important: Troll. :devil:
I can see it in your eyes. If you didn't invade, didn't pillage, whatever would you do?
Phantom Build Guide Doc (non meta SL) (Thread)

Lelouch465

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,570.00
FiveScissors475 wrote:Aggressive.

....Okay, I lied, I'm worse than ScottJund.

Do not speak that name. It makes me sad :(
"Glares silently" ಠ_ಠ

bubbaluba

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 568.00
I would say that I am pretty aggressive and use baits quite a bit. However, I am quite good at adapting and mixing up my play-style. I can occasionally be passive if I need to, but I find it difficult to partake in some strafe-athon staring contest for more than 20-30 seconds without feeling the urge to swing my big stick around and end his/her life. I like to initiate the fight and get it started, which is something so many players seem to be scared to do. I also like keeping the pressure on and forcing the opponent to make a quick decisions. The only problem is that I have always loved heavy strength weapons, and it is quite difficult to have an aggressive play-style with those weapons. It is especially annoying with passive/reactive players because strength weapons are so slow, and the passive player only needs to focus on making 1 read -- this is why I miss animation canceling sooo much; I used to be able to initiate certain attacks and quickly cancel out them by rolling or back-stepping, which sometimes forced some passive players to roll or react too early since they are usually rolling or parrying at the first sign of movement. This allowed me to be more unpredictable and forced them to have better timing with their rolls/parries/back-steps, which allowed me to actually punish a lot of reactive players. It was actually a good tool to mix in against any type of player. I miss those mind games. They made many strength weapons more bearable to use while also making the game more exciting and fun, at least in my opinion.

But yea, passive players are the most boring to play against. I like fighting people who know how to mix it up because it's the most interesting and challenging, and I feel like they are usually the most skilled players because it usually involves adapting to and reading your opponent a bit. Overall though, this game doesn't promote/allow much of a skill gap between players. Everyone is pro! Cheers mate! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

NPC_invader

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: Locked
Bank: Locked
Wiki Edits: 10
Super aggressive. I never stop attacking :^)

Achtpuntzes

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,597.01
i Always try to mix all the styles. switch from one playstyle to another in a second. then its fun for your opponent too and your not predictive at all.

i was superagressive in Ds2 but that changed later in awaiting 'show me what u got' style. but awaiting is boring and too OP ds3 so i mixed up styles again.

if u making video's u better be at least a bit aggressive or i wont watch them at all. roll spam only waiting for opportunities is lame. yes u can but i will fall asleep watching it.
sl59 faith guy +8
sl42 luck guy +6
sl38 dex guy +5
sl20 +3
sl1 +2
no meta build

XuitusTheGreat

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 1,794.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 21
The third one has become a joke lately (for me personally)

I've started doing the "sleeping" gesture in front of them because they never attack

One guy kept up his footsies for a solid 20 seconds while I "slept" Good times.

Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 124.00
Bank: 4,725.00
Wiki Edits: 5
i have a preference for bait but will take on a more aggressive style if my opponent is too reactive.