Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
too bad its holy damage
By Anonymous
What's wrong with holy damage?
By Anonymous
By Anonymous
iv made it all the way to lvl 117 and have yet to find anything that resists holy
By Anonymous
By Anonymous
From what I've experienced, holy damage is almost negligible to most enemies. Buffed a night rider flail with holy blade and it barely made a difference except on skeletons.
By Anonymous
That's not a problem with Holy damage, that's because this type of buff adds a new damage type to your weapon and this kind of split damage is weak.
By Anonymous
By Anonymous
Only goes to 208 holy damage and A faith scaling
By Anonymous
What are better faith weapons?
By Anonymous
That's pretty damn good though for an elemental weapon though, isn't it? That 208 isn't even counting the scaling??
By Anonymous
with an A scaling and the swing speed i dont see anything wrong with that, but i dont think it would stagger much
By Anonymous
For reference, a full upgraded Sword of Night and Flame goes up to STR and DEX D scaling, and FTH and INT B scaling. 213 physical, 137 magical, 137 fire.

Really putting into perspective how utterly broken Sword of Night and Flame is.
By Anonymous
The comparison with Sword of Night and Flame isn't very pertinent. Weapons with split damage types often have a higher total attack rating but don't actually do more damage because each damage type gets reduced by enemy defenses individually. This mechanic works the same in every Souls game.
By Anonymous
Comparing the Coded Sword to the Sword of Night and Flame is utterly ridiculous. The Coded Sword weighs almost nothing with low stat requirements. It's for a pure Faith build and is one of the best options as a backup weapon due to the low weight. The damage monsters like Sword of Night and Flame and Blasphemous Blade are several times heavier and have much more demanding requirements to use. The Coded Sword is for characters with a really high Faith stat, like 60 to 80. It would be a fantastic weapon for a build that was decently heavy on casting with high Faith and Mind stats and not so much in STR and DEX. Or it can be a great backup weapon for one of the monster swords mentioned above.
By Anonymous
This sword with a pure faith build here we come, only using holy, lightning, pyromancy, and maybe black pyromancy incantations. No dragon or blood incantations for this holy build.
By MrSquishyHunter
I had the same mindset until i discovered a scarlet rot dragon breath incantation. I use the named one and it requires 15 arc but you could sit at 13 arc and use the lower tier/fp cost incant. Great for getting damage onto bosses, slightly tough to cast. I'd say it's worth the few points for it.
By Anonymous
Tree Jesus's Holy Lightsabee
By Anonymous
so i noticed the naming, the coded sword and the cipher pata. perhaps in some hidden questline you combine the two into a greatsword by using the cipher pata to decode the coded sword?
By Anonymous
No need my dude, the boss in the Cave of the Forlorn in Consecrated Snowfield drops a the Golden Order Greatsword, which is similarly made of pure energy. Wielding all the weapons would be cool though, especially since Coded and Cipher have unblockable skills.
By Anonymous
Second character is gonna be a faith build - can't wait to get my hands on this as soon as possible. So many cool weapons in this game.
By Anonymous
They knocked Faith out of the park this time. You have half a dozen different cult “sub schools” to mix and match, plus all these fun faith weapons. Check out Cipher Pata!
By Anonymous
Good weapon to dual with golden epitaph for faith heavy builds based on buffs
By Anonymous
Insane Sword