Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Evarika
How would you cast ANYTHING on horseback with your seal in your offhand? That doesn't make much sense, and I can't get it to work.
By Anonymous
Switch between your seal and your main weapon.
By Evarika
My seal is usually in my offhand. Is there some sort of button to swap your active right- and left-handed weapons quickly?
By T-Furan
For the horse, you can swap weapons just like you do on foot. However, "Offhand" seal in these cases is meant to be the slot your seal is equipped in, so right hand or left hand. The bug forces you to equip the seal in your right hand for many breath incantations to work properly while on horse, even if you can 2 hand it from left hand all the same.
By Anonymous
you can still jump-chaincast this, it's very easy to mess up though
By Anonymous
I died but my spell finished off the wyrm before I respawned, now the boss is dead and the incantation isn't unlocked :|
By Anonymous
Did you go to Caelid cathedral?
By Anonymous
Just load the backup you made of your save file before you fought the boss and do it again.

Oh, wait... What am I saying? Of course you didn't make a backup of your save file, did you?
By Anonymous
I like people crying that this is a 900 damage combo with 30 fth/ 45 arcane when 40 str ultra greatsword jump attack deals 1100 & RKR colossal poke deals 1300.
By Anonymous
Tried pvp at sl50 +8, 45 faith. Catch flame into two magma breath deal whooping 400+ damage for 70FP.

Spell is too weak. Not even nearly enough to finish anyone at this level.

By Anonymous
Pretty sure your stats aren’t high enough or you’re not using dragon communion. I’m built pretty tanky and an invader combod into this spell and it wrecked me
By Anonymous
400 damage? Wow that needs nerfed, faith spells are supposed to be useless. How can I beat faith users when my halberd only hits 750 damage?
By Anonymous
Tried pvp at sl50 +8, 45 faith. Catch flame into two magma breath deal whooping 400+ damage for 70FP.

Spell is too weak. Not even nearly enough to finish anyone at this level.

By Anonymous
Use dragon communion seal, Dragon incantations scale primarily with Arcane if I'm not mistaken.
By Anonymous
I was very sad at first thinking incantations sucked and faith was useless. Then I discovered this incantation can be chain casted, oh my gosh. Changed my perspective entirely. This beast is PERFECT for PVP & PVE because it prevents things from ganking up on you will healing or casting spells. An absolute staple for incantation builds and a way we can fight back against other players trying to gank us.
By Anonymous
Just one thing to note:

Chain casting for example one Bestial Sling into this or any other chain-cast incantation seems intended and works fine. Animation transition works just fine here.

Chain casting a different incant after two Bestial Slings (or anything else) seems bugged. If you do this you'll fire off the Magma Breath with a completely wrong animation. Some spells like Dragon Claw or Black Blade bug out even worse.

I'd say it's likely the latter will get fixed eventually. The former hopefully remains untouched.
By Anonymous
Bro the 'bugged' cast is the same speed as the nonbugged.
By Dastion
The magma pools stack FYI; but it's only going to be efficient if you have multiple enemies that will remain in the area for 8-10s.
By Anonymous
It is possible to chain cast. But keep in mind 30 fp.
By Anonymous
if you use catch flame two times in a row and quickly switch to this spell and cast it, it cancels the entire animation and uses the move it's busted
By Anonymous
Can also do this with stone of gurranq and bestial sling, if you use dragon claw instead of magma breath itll use fp and do nothing though
By Anonymous
homie I was doing invasions with this today and I was one hit twice by different weapon melee users from 1100 HP 32% damage negation. I couldn't care less if people think if me being able to do a 900 hp combo is busted.