Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Evarika
The boss here does virtually no damage with his magic. I got hit twice, and each time got away with more than half of my health, which just doesn't happen to me anymore. I'm not built to take hits, I'd rather dodge them and cast. Based on my stats and damage taken, his meteor, which was the more damaging attack, does around either 437 damage or 466 damage, depending on the order in which defensive stats are taken into account (I don't know, so I calculated both). His orb-sling attack, then, does around either 284 or 313 damage, again depending on which order defensive stats are taken into account. These would be his unreduced damage values, so you should expect to take less.
By Evarika
It is unusual, but target lock doesn't work on any of the many Abnormal Stone Clusters here, which makes getting past them a little harder than I wish it were.
By Anonymous
There's a Virgin Abductor construct at the bottom of the ladder and a destructible statue with stones inside. I recommend killing all the vulgar militia and getting the abductor to aggro on you from the platform above if you can, then keep aggro with something weak. Eventually it may decide to do a buzzsaw charge and so long as you stand on the platform perfectly above the statue it should run into it and crack it open for you, then it's just a matter of finishing it off.

It may take a moment to get the charge because of where your character is, but so long as you have something to keep it focused without killing it too fast you should be able to get the statue open without too much hastle before finishing the dungeon. If you climb down be aware of messages, people are horrible and leave them next to the ladder...
By Anonymous
It just sat there and let me throw lightning pots at it lol
By darc888_ch
messages should be hidden once you downvoted it
By Anonymous
Does anyone know where the somber smithing stone is located in this area I can’t find it for the life of me
By Anonymous
altus tunnel
By Anonymous
down the ladder and behind the virgin abductor (big rolling guy)
By Anonymous
Going offline removes any inconvenient message that may have been put there.
By Anonymous
If there is a message at the bottom not allowing you to climb the ladder, stand facing the ladder on the left side, centered on the poll, and move your view around a little. I was able to get the "switch action" command to pop up.
By Anonymous
Maidenless mfs putting a message infront of the ladder so you can't climb it. There is a special place in hell for you.
By Anonymous
I wish From would put in a change what to interact with-button.. oh wait, they already did.
By Anonymous
Literally never encountered this issue on KB+M. Too bad, Controllervirgins.
By Anonymous
I'm offline and can't climb the ladder after turning on the Abductor Virgin. I'm not sure it's messages to blame, could be From BS.
By Anonymous
It's possible that you are unable to climb the ladder when the 'Tombstone' icon is up signifying a spirit summon battle. I tried a couple of times and found that if you don't go all the way down, the tombstone lights up, the Abductor Virgin activates, you can climb back up and destroy it at your leisure. Then when you go down there is no tombstone icon and the ladder is immediately climbable.
If this it the case then it's by intent.
By Anonymous
there seems to be an enemy type not listed on the wiki found here, the 'poisoned stone'-carrying miners which from my experience have unique drops when compared to the miners found in most tunnels, they drop poisoned stones and smithing stone 5 (they may also drop 4 OR 6)