Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By The BZA
Posts Avatar
From Minor Erdtree SoG, to get down to where the cave entrance is, there is a ramp to the north.
By Anonymous
when am i able to go here the earliest? anyone know. can i go there before defeating the third main story boss?
By Anonymous
i got here without beating any bosses. just rushed past all the enemies in for height and that other place to get the dectus medallion halfs. skipped the castle with margit in it by going through the broken bridge to the west? east? the right side of stormveil. then i just booked it past every single enemy in lurina of the lakes and the altus plateau on torrent. i have a +10 bloody slash greatknife from farming runes to buy things with the smithing stone shards, and i could get to a +12 soon. by my estimate, i could probably have avoided fighting a single enemy in the game and still get to this location.
By Anonymous
I haven't defeated any story bosses yet and I've been there. Just power the first Great Lift and let Torrent carry you.
By Anonymous
I haven't even beaten Margit and I'm at the Sealed Tunnels. You can run/ride most of the way there, but you will need to get through Ruin Strewn Precipice and defeat its field boss to get access to Altus Plateau, then you can continue running/riding past everything to get here.

Erm, technically, you could use the Grand Lift of Dectus too, but that requires even more exploring to get it working.
By Anonymous
Shouldn't need to kill any bosses. All you'd need are the two half seals to use the great lift I think? Unless there's a shortcut around it.
By Anonymous
Right after the tutorial you can rush east, get the two medallions, go north, power the lift, and you're here.
By Anonymous
There's an alternate route to the plateau via a location called something like Ravine Veiled Village, but requires one boss be defeated. Keep in mind that accessing Altus changes several NPC quests if this is something you care about on the current playthrough.
By Anonymous
i went through the ladders to get to the plateua, or you can run and get the lift medal. ladders i had to kill a boss tho, just an fyi if you activate a grace over there youll have to kill radahan before you can kill the normal bosses in his castle.
By Anonymous
There are 3 smithing stone [6] in the statue in the room where the construct/iron maiden attacks you. You need to stand next to the statue and then dodge just before it hits you so that the attack will break the statue and let you collect the stones.
By Anonymous
In the zone that you encounter the construct, don't kill it yet. There is a Statue with 3 smithing stone (6), you need to lure the construct to destroy the statue. There's also a somber smithing stone (5) in that zone.
And don't forget to kill all the thin dwarf looking guys before facing the construct.
By Anonymous
Quality comment
By Anonymous
I keep trying and trying but for the life of me I cannot get him to break the statue. I'm truly at a loss.
By Anonymous
Why the f*ck did they gate this sh*t behind a god damn endgame area? Are you kidding me? You can't get infinite 3rd tier smithing stones until you're almost done with the god damn game? What a joke.
By Anonymous
Not an end game area, more like midgame. You can run there immediately and just grab it and walk out.
By Anonymous
Not an end game area, more like midgame. You can run there immediately and just grab it and walk out.
By Anonymous
No one tell him.
By Anonymous
It isn't gated behind anything except the great lift as far as I know. The medallions for the lift are in chests so no bosses are required. There's a way around the lift, but it would require fighting a boss.
By Anonymous
lmao idiot.
By Anonymous
Hey you are so right I had to laugh . New players would have to use a guide to know where to get the 2 keys for the lift to get to other side not hard but yes endgame area lol
By Anonymous
Cap
By Anonymous
You don't even need the keys. It requires harder fighting, but you can climb the ladders instead.
By Anonymous
Easy to see who���s only half way through the game when they say this is end game lmao
By Anonymous
What makes you think altus plateau is end game lmao?
By Anonymous
"I have 2-3 great runes and there are like 9 more slots for them, but I'm definitely at the end game"
By Anonymous
You realize New game+ is a thing...right? Your adventure is no where near done
By Anonymous
>endgame
you're funny
By Anonymous
Isn't the Lordsworn Straight Sword better than Longsword?
By Anonymous
Probably depends on how you play..did pretty good with long one myself..haven't tried short yet, but it should be faster..and deal less damage, i would guess.
By Anonymous
I literally cannot approach this Area. Anytime I do my game crashes.
By Anonymous
validate your game files bro
By Anonymous
seriously, wtf do you have to hit this statue with to get it to break? I got the construct to crash into it multiple times, even just spinning hitting it with his blades every time and it still doesn't break. Is my game bugged?
By MrNocheSucio
It did break, you just gotta go around it's left side to get behind it and loot your item. Confused me for a sec too.
By Anonymous
You have to lure a large enemy to break those statues