Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By ArtificialExecution
Having both this and Ball of Faces is unnecessary, someone should figure out which name is less silly and just have one page
By Anonymous
A lot of pages on this wiki are like that. Kind of annoying.
By Anonymous
They appear to be transmogrified of former academy students. You find a friend become one after a certain questline is completed. You can find lore that may hint about them on the graven talismans. I'm unsure if it's a punishment of those who dabble with the primeval current or more of a experiment gone wrong in the process.
By Anonymous
It sounds more like an experiment by primeval current followers (gone wrong or otherwise) than something done *TO* them.
By Anonymous
It's very strongly hinted that our sorcerer friend was the inventor of Graven Schools and the mages who "contribute" to forming one are doing so against their will. Jerren describes her as the deadliest sorcerer in Raya Lucaria's history, hunting other mages presumably to create these magical generators to power up her own abilities and allow her to studies to advance further.
By Anonymous
One popped up out of the small pond just north of the Ainsel River Well for me last night. It's a weird enemy.
By Anonymous
Found one of these alone in one of those towers with the magically sealed entrance. I think it must be a sorcerer who delved too deeply into forbidden knowledge or something.
By Anonymous
Didn't think about that but that is probably Lenna
By Anonymous
I found one of them in Caelid in a canyon near the scarlet rot swamp near Sellia, the canyon was full of those constructs that normally guard evergaols + explosive constructs + this sphere of faces
By Anonymous
I think the enemy is called a "School of Graven Mages", at least that seems to be the case from the Graven-School Talisman's description.
By Anonymous
This enemy is called "School of of Graven Mages"
By Anonymous
This enemy is called "School of of Graven Mages"
By Anonymous
Can anyone confirm if all of the Arcane Spheres shoot magic mortar shots at you? From what I have seen, only the one at Witchbane Ruins does and all of the others just spew sleep gas at you.
By Anonymous
I can't recall exactly where I've seen them, but I've encountered two different ones with gas and two with the mortar
By Anonymous
I mean, "sleep gas" is one way to put it but that will be a very long sleep.