Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
what the **** does this do lmao
By blimpblomp
During Maliketh's second phase, when he shoots the three projectiles, you can use this item to "parry" him when he slams down and it will give you a few seconds to hit him. Haven't been able to do a critical hit though just a stagger
By Anonymous
when fighting malekith, you can deflect attacks that have a gold glow before landing. successfully doing so staggers the boss for a couple seconds.
By Anonymous
You can counter Maliketh, the Black Blade with it; the timing is really difficult but it leaves him staggered for several seconds and open for easy damage.
By Anonymous
It is reusable and found by defeating recusant bernahl. Nearest grace is “Beside the Great Bridge”
By Anonymous
Except you need to do 2 manor quests, his quest, then the last manor quest for him to invade... if you don't... he won't show up.
By Anonymous
i didn't do any of the manor quests (aside from killing rykard of course) and he still showed up for me
By Anonymous
He invades when the manor empties after Rykard is dead. No quests required.
By Anonymous
this is used in the black blade fight but the timing is so hard to get down
By Anonymous
From what i've gathered trying to use it, it seems to just let you parry his attacks? i'm uncertain if normal shields can parry the attacks normally or if they have a drawback, or maybe they can't parry at all, i've only manage to parry him with the claw once.
By Anonymous
You can parry Maliketh with it. I tried it some times, but I didn't get it consistent. Rolling was the better option for me.
By Anonymous
You can only parry golden attacks, like after the 3 beam attacks
By Anonymous
For those who are wondering how to use: you can only use this item against him when his swords emits a golden glow
By Anonymous
mimic +10 with a greatsword +25 with hoarfrost stomp soloed 2nd phase.
By Anonymous
"soloed"
By Anonymous
"Soloed boss with the most overpowered moves in the game"
By Anonymous
"solostomped" "mimic +10" pick one
By Anonymous
You cheesed him you mean
By Anonymous
Same
By Anonymous
Next time try beating the boss without the training wheels so you can at least properly brag about it instead of informing the world you're using the mimic tear that half the difficulty if not all of it on every bosses and hoarfrost stomp that can be spammed to literally break bosses ai.
By Anonymous
lmao you did it before they nerfed both of those things. Now do it again.
By Anonymous
I think by "soloed" he meant that the mimic killed the boss by itself without the player's help.
By Anonymous
Assuming the "coming trespass" was The Night of Black Knives, it's interesting that Ranni was cooperating with Rykard enough that not only was he in on the plot, but he was her last resort in case Maliketh opposed them. With how twisted his goals are post becoming the serpent king, I wonder what her relationship with him is now, compared to her other brother Radahn who actively thwarted her plans by holding the stars in place.
By Anonymous
where did you get all that lore from lmao and i read plenty of the item descriptions
By BadMoon
Not OP but quests and quest items mostly. Ranni's and Fia's most importantly.
By BadMoon
Or Rogier's rather. He fleshes out Ranni and Fia's questlines greatly.
By Anonymous
OP here, Ranni herself says she stole death, and Rogier confirms that she was behind The Night of Black Knives. Rykard's goals seem pretty clearly to be devour heroes to get strong enough to devour the gods, and eventually (as indicated by the Devourer's Scepter) devour the world itself, but this item is one of our only insights as to the kind of person he was before he fed himself to the serpent during The Shattering. I forget where it's stated the Rykard, Ranni, and Radahn are all Rennala and Radagon's children, but if nothing else the naming convention holds up. Radahn holding back the stars was said to be preventing Ranni from achieving her goals in her questline, but I suppose we'll never know if he was doing so specifically to oppose her, or just because he's a nice guy who wanted to keep Limgrave (and maybe the world at large) safe from impact and fallingstar beasts.
By Anonymous
I doubt Radahn holding the stars in place had anything to do with Ranni, that's just an aftereffect or coincidence. Considering that no one in the game even knows of Ranni's plans, and that she even gave up her Great Rune, they had no reason to confront her.
By Anonymous
Radahn seems to not be holding the stars back consciously. He started holding them due to the rot he was infected with, instead of it being a conscius decision.
By Anonymous
It says she gave it to him on the night of the dire plot. It's much more likely that means she gave it to him on the Night of the Black Knives, probably as a last resort in case Maliketh came for what was stolen.
By Anonymous
Ranni sends blaidd to the festival to help kill radahn im pretty sure he actively stopped the starts so she cant progress her plans.
By Anonymous
Radahn definitely *was* holding the stars consciously. He's the "Starscourge", there's mention somewhere in game (I forget exactly where) about him *conquering* the stars, and Collapsing Stars has a quote of him thanking his Alabaster Lord teacher for helping him gain the power to "challenge the stars".
Whether it has anything to do with Ranni, the overall Carian dynasty, or astrologers is another matter, though.
By Anonymous
Wdym... Rannis plans are known and everyone knows she gave up her great rune... theres books written about it. Gideon tells you himself
By Anonymous
Wdym... Rannis plans are known and everyone knows she gave up her great rune... theres books written about it. Gideon tells you himself
By Anonymous
It's also possible that Radahn learned to manipulate the stars in order to HELP Ranni, as the stars are the key to the Carian family's destiny, but after his battle with Malenia he literally lost all sense of who he was and existed as just a raving beast wandering the battlefield with his power preventing them from moving on, because he himself was locked in his unending battle, which is why you have to attend the festival and overcome him and it's run by Jerren who's friends with Iji. Given that Blaidd was a Half-Brother Shadowbound beast for Ranni exactly like Malekith was to Marika, it's no surprise that Iji had his suspicions about what would happen to Blaidd once they turned against the Two Fingers and thus locking him in the Evergaol, especially given how Rykard became so consumed in his own madness when he was someone Ranni once trusted enough to give him this.
By Anonymous
Radahn was literally holding back the star that would cause ranni to die if not for the intervention of the main character
By Anonymous
This item was the only way for me to beat Maliketh alone. Don't underestimate it.