Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
This is weird, but I see her spirit a little southeast of the Apostate Derelict, just chilling next to some cliffs. Can't talk to her, she doesn't have any collision. She's just kneeling there. Worth it to note that I failed her quest and she was already dead when I got to her at the Wolf Shack. Possibly just a marker to point the way to the Apostate Derelict
By Anonymous
No, that's just a feature of the area around Ordina.
By Anonymous
I genuinely dunno what part of this quest I missed. Got the second medallion and went into the area. Couldn’t interact with the big lady. Went back to the shack and she was dead and gave me her summon. Why is it so unclear what to do?
By Malcom347
I'm not certain when, but I believe picking up the second medallion before talking to her causes her to die. You should talk to her as soon as possible after receiving the first half from Albus.
By Anonymous
You waited too late to talk to her.
By Anonymous
Really confused on what kills Latenna? I got the first half of the medallion from on mountain, talked to Gideon who talked me to check the village, met the guy pretending to be a pot who told me about Latenna, went to see Latenna and she was dead. Was I meant to just know to hit that random pot out of the 10,000 pots in this giant, massive open world game and otherwise was destined to lock myself out of a quest?
By Anonymous
No the ghost in the Albinauric Village tells you he's hiding and the pot makes sounds when you are nearby, that's how you are supposed to know.
By Anonymous
Ghost never mentioned the pot til i was told to return there in which case i already failed.
By Anonymous
The ghost at the well in Albinauric Village mentions that Albus is hiding in the village. You just either missed the village, or ran right past the ghost, or smashed A through his dialogue. Albus is not meant to be difficult to find, as the medallion half is a rather important item.
By Anonymous
Yup. That's kind of the point of how they built this game. You either discover the thing or you don't. It's not going to tell you the exact way to do "the thing". However, it's also why the game is designed to not have failure points, which is to say, points where if you fail a quest you can't complete the game. It doesn't matter that you missed it... the world happened without you. Things happened without you needing to make them happen. For an impressive chunk of players (look at concurrent player numbers) this is a dream come true when every other open world basically rubs your nose in the "proper thing to do" and if you choose not to do it anyways it will just sit there unchanging until you either finish the game or finally go do "the proper thing". They basically have to sacrifice a lot of time and effort to develop the thing, knowing you may completely miss it, just to give everything you DON'T miss a feeling of ACTUAL discovery and accomplishment.
By Anonymous
Yup. That's kind of the point of how they built this game. You either discover the thing or you don't. It's not going to tell you the exact way to do "the thing". However, it's also why the game is designed to not have failure points, which is to say, points where if you fail a quest you can't complete the game. It doesn't matter that you missed it... the world happened without you. Things happened without you needing to make them happen. For an impressive chunk of players (look at concurrent player numbers) this is a dream come true when every other open world basically rubs your nose in the "proper thing to do" and if you choose not to do it anyways it will just sit there unchanging until you either finish the game or finally go do "the proper thing". They basically have to sacrifice a lot of time and effort to develop the thing, knowing you may completely miss it, just to give everything you DON'T miss a feeling of ACTUAL discovery and accomplishment.
By Anonymous
Note that you don't actually need enough FP to be able to summon her at the Apostate Derelict, it's a contextual button prompt.
By Anonymous
Unpopular opinion but auto-failing a quest with an important late game item, i.e Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone, is lame and doesn't belong in modern day games, especially in open-world games where the entire point is to wander off in a semi-random direction.
By Anonymous
aw baby's first souls game? new game plus exists, now you know
By Anonymous
Good thing that there are multiple available per NG, NG+, so on and so forth. Dumb ****. Go back to being smooth brained on your switch.
By Anonymous
Popular opinion: people that can't learn to adapt and appreciate these games for what they are - can go back to their smooth brain, tasteless and, bland excuses for video games. Stay out of this community.
By Anonymous
This is only the case if there's a "wrong" way to finish the game. Beyond that there are multiple "somber ancient dragon smithing stones", so if you miss one you are bound to find another. I'm not saying your opinion is invalid, however, I, as well as many other people, find this to be a massive breath of fresh air when EVERY other game basically grabs you by the scruff of your neck and rubs your nose in the "proper" thing to do. I may get frustrated from time to time, or look at the wiki to get an answer, but I'm not playing with half my brain turned off like I am in most games. I can't remember the last open world game that held my attention until the end, because all that open world is just filler in between map markers. I'm not exploring, I'm navigating from point A to point B. So, please don't talk about "doesn't belong" when literally every other game caters to your wishes, but almost none cater to ours.
By Anonymous
I mean, he's right. It's like calling him a baby for saying the camera is dogshit. You should be able to run in a direction and look to the side without the camera automatically turning against how you set it. Annoyances like that don't belong in modern games. The game is great but it can still be improved.
By Anonymous
I think you���re right, usually quests in souls are intricate and are easy to miss or break. But in this case, I don���t get why you need to start it before progressing to far in the plot.
By Anonymous
None of the other souls game are open world, having a open world game with this kind of design is bad. Doesn't matter if the previous games are like this since they are linear. I think you should still be able to do her quest like Millicent's quests
By Anonymous
I would agree if there was only one in game, but I missed this questline and still got like 4. How many +10 special weapons do you need?
By SunPraiser9000
Posts Avatar
Yeah, there really should be more than one Somber ADSS in the game, this one is definitely the only one
By Anonymous
The first few anon replies are pathetic. How hard is it to respect other people's takes that don't align with your own? Nothing is gained from staying in an echo chamber and retaliating with insults every time someone has an opinion, on any aspect of this game that doesn't align with yours.

If you don't agree with what they say that's perfectly fine, but it's possible to disagree with someone without this nonsense.
By Anonymous
The first few anon replies are pathetic. How hard is it to respect other people's takes that don't align with your own? Nothing is gained from staying in an echo chamber and retaliating with insults every time someone has an opinion, on any aspect of this game that doesn't align with yours.

If you don't agree with what they say that's perfectly fine, but it's possible to disagree with someone without this nonsense.
By Anonymous

By Anonymous
I finished her quest line and then went to the body of the wolf and I discarded her ashes on top of the body of the wolf. Now, northeast of Ordina, Liturgical Town (in between to frozen gates) there are 2 ghost (of a wolf and a woman) that are friendly and do not interact with the player.
By Anonymous
As much as I wish they were them, those wolves and women were there before the completion of Latenna's quest. This does kinda tell us that this is her home town though and that considering the other people there, it's very likely that Latenna is with her Lobo as well ����
By Anonymous
I am getting the dialogue " I already told the all hearing brute already. I posses no such medallion. Or have you come to take more from me? Was my other half not enough?" I have no idea why, I had not interacted with her prior I found her much later in the game than was probably intended. I do not know what prior action has triggered this but its the only dialogue I can trigger on her.
By Anonymous
You need to get the medallion half from Albus
By Anonymous
Her voice is so pleaseant to hear, husky but smooth, only me?
By Anonymous
haha the actress voices Shadowheart from Baldurs Gate 3, she is really good
By SL4PSH0CK
Posts Avatar
Me reached the end of the questline: no man i aint tearing up, its jsut my eye balls sweating.
By Anonymous
How to spread her ashes on Lobo?
By Anonymous
You have to stand on top of Lobo and "discard" her ashes from your inventory, like if you were deleting any other item.