Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
God I love this staff.
By Anonymous
How can I get this?
By Salty Shalquoir
Posts Avatar
It's a little tricky. I only found the path after beating the Caelid area demi-god boss which opened up a place within the Misty Woods. As you go down into the new area, you go through Nokron, through the Aqueduct and beat the Gargoyles. After them is a coffin, rest there and run to Deeproot Depths site of grace. After that, follow my above comment for how to find it once you're at that site of grace.
By Salty Shalquoir
Posts Avatar
For any aspiring hexer types out there I figured I'd add a few more details on how to find this. From the Deeproot Depths site of grace head North East under the large tree and through the water. Curving to North West as you approach the ruins you'll see a root ramp and some rooftops forming a ramp. Go up either one and at the very first intersection drop down to the left and continue on upward. You'll soon see a branch reaching backwards, take that and its in the tower.
By Anonymous
Do you happen to know what counts as Death Sorceries?
By Anonymous
What counts as Death sorcery...? I've seen a bunch of glintstone, meteor, and cold sorceries so far, but not a single 'death' sorcery...
By Salty Shalquoir
Posts Avatar
After some testing it definitely looks like the Rancorcall line of spells qualify. I also think the Tibia Summons spell does but it might've only been stronger because of the slightly higher Sorcery Scaling trait. If I can ever find Death Lightning I'd like to try that one as well.
By Anonymous
All the known death sorceries are,

1. Rancorcall
2. Tibia's Summons
3. Ancient Death Rancor
4. Explosive Ghostflame
5. Fia's Mist

According to the sigil that briefly appears during the casting animation (which indicates the school the spell belongs to) death lighting actually isn't classified as a death sorcery.
By Anonymous
As far as ive seen everything that uses faith and isnt fire stuff
By Anonymous
Rancorcall
By Anonymous
i wonder if Rykard's Rancor counts as a death spell, since it summons spirits and has a skull

That spell is actually pretty great on larger sized bosses
By Anonymous
Increase death spells passive on this
By Anonymous
Anyone have any info on this? Hoping it isn't a quest line weapon.
By Acoyatl
You'll need access to Sophia Aquaducts then kill the boss there and ride a sled.
By Salty Shalquoir
Posts Avatar
What kind of info do you want? I'll warn you, its definitely a staff built for Int/Faith hexer types. Its not quest line per-say as its just sitting on the ground but getting to the location to find it is rather tricky. I only know of a way to get there after beating the demi-god boss of the Caelid area. After him you should be able to acquire this with only two more boss fights. There could be other ways to get to the Deeproot Depths site of grace though. I don't know how many spoilers I should avoid giving though. Ask me whatever you want about it though, I might have the answers you seek.
By Anonymous
anyone try this thing out yet
By Anonymous
Really wanted to try and make this staff work but the scaling just seems so poor. Upgraded to +17 and with 24faith/31int I'm sitting at 173 SS. Thought I was crazy so I upgraded an academy staff to see if it would outscale and it didn't. Are sorc staves just lower in terms of scaling? Meanwhile my golden order seal is cranking damage no matter what stat I put in.
By Anonymous
Have you tried comparing the damage of Death spells (rancor line, fia's mist, ghostflame etc) to see how this stacks up against other staves?
By Anonymous
+9 Carian Staff here with 70 int give me 315 SS. Like you see. They're not "lower". This staff is garbage if you're not hexer. It's intended.
By Anonymous
At 99 faith/int this seems to have higher sorc scaling than any other staff in the game. Even outclassing lusats in terms of raw damage.
By A_Crooked_Place
Yeah, the primary drawback is that you need 99/99 to get that.
By A_Crooked_Place
Er, or rather you need both high int and high faith, not specifically 99 in both.
By valentyn0
OH nice ! I have Lusat's staff and with my build similar to yours (98 int/faith atm) i have 416 sorcery scaling on it, and i recently just got the death's staff, gonna upgrade it soon since i have all the death spells already, woohoo.
By Anonymous
If ghostflame is boosted by this one, at 40/40, one shot potential is real....