Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
Any good for farming birds? Shooting them is good and all, but using shooting materials to farm shooting materials kind of defeats the purpose, especially with 13 Arcane and no Silver Scarab Talisman.
By Divine_Knight
Hmm, this looks fairly usable. How is the pisedamage ob this? Its pretty fast and seemingly good Frost build up. Would be good for my mage build.
By Anonymous
HEY BRO, BRO!

DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN USE HOARFROST STOMP TO NAVIGATE SAFELY ON INVISIBLE PLATFORMS?

THAT'S RIGHT, ONCE YOU'RE ON TOP OF ONE, JUST CAST THE ASH OF WAR AND IT WILL COVER THE AREA YOU CAN WALK ON, AND IT WILL TRIVIALIZE ALL THE ISSUES YOU MAY HAVE FINDING YOUR WAY IN THE HIDDEN PATH TO HALIGTREE AND THAT *ONE* PUZZLE FROM THAT *ONE* RISE IN THE MOUNTAINTOP OF THE GIANTS.
By DeVir
Pretty good skill.. when it actually works. What feels like half of the time ice animation wont even appear and enemies will just take minor dmg from the initial stomp. Happens annoyingly often on the uneven terrain so it seems like some weird interaction with the ground surfaces. For example i couldnt use it successfully even once in a fight with the named magma wyrm boss (the one guarding the secret back entrance to Altus Plateau, Rya tells you about).
By Anonymous
Its a bug on old gen, get a ps5/series x asap
By Anonymous
^ "It's a bug, so go buy the game again on another console, and buy a new console ASAP. Just a couple hundred dollars."
By Anonymous
I'm on ps5 and have the same issue with it.
By Anonymous
having the same issue on PC, definitely not just an old gen thing
By Anonymous
It's damage scales with both intelligence and dexterity. They seem to be equal contributors. Tested many times with stat boosting physick and equipment. Increasing either attribute from 50 to 60 produces the same damage increase.
By Anonymous
These are the comments I come here for
By Anonymous
im playing as frost mage and this thing is still ridiculous after nerf patch. i wonder what's the complains about
By Anonymous
Because it does absolutely no damage especially in comparison to other methods that preform the animation faster. Completely useless.
By Anonymous
Fromsoftware….why? I want to be op but have fun while doing so. What makes you think i want to use a katana?
By Anonymous
? Nonsense ?
By Anonymous
I did some testing with this. As this wiki mentions in the Ash of War page, the damage of this is based largely on your weapon's upgrade level and also on your Intelligence. (It is not based on the weapon's damage itself, nor on the affinity.) Flame of the Redmanes is similar but is strength-based instead.

With a level 0 dagger, 12 str, and 12 int, this spell averaged roughly 56 points of damage against the stagecoach trolls in Limgrave, although that's taking into account the frostbite bonus, and once in a while it did 250 damage due to Frostbite procing (20% of HP).

Flame of the Redmanes, by contrast, did 150 damage each time and also staggered the troll on the first hit, and on every second hit when it was free. Hoarfrost literally never staggers anyone.

The advantage of Hoarfrost is that you do not have to target anyone to use it since it just travels along the ground automatically, it covers a very wide area, and it makes everyone flink twice (once immediately, once a second later when the main damage is applied) so it works very well defensively, as well as being excellent at applying Frostbite. I think if you're primarily a sorcerer, this is a good ash to interrupt the attacks of everyone in front of you as well as procing Frostbite, but if you primarily use weapons, Redmanes' stagger and direct damage may be more valuable.
By Anonymous
I did some testing with this. As this wiki mentions in the Ash of War page, the damage of this is based largely on your weapon's upgrade level and also on your Intelligence. (It is not based on the weapon's damage itself, nor on the affinity.) Flame of the Redmanes is similar but is strength-based instead.

With a level 0 dagger, 12 str, and 12 int, this spell averaged roughly 56 points of damage against the stagecoach trolls in Limgrave, although that's taking into account the frostbite bonus, and once in a while it did 250 damage due to Frostbite procing (20% of HP).

Flame of the Redmanes, by contrast, did 150 damage each time and also staggered the troll on the first hit, and on every second hit when it was free. Hoarfrost literally never staggers anyone.

The advantage of Hoarfrost is that you do not have to target anyone to use it since it just travels along the ground automatically, it covers a very wide area, and it makes everyone flink twice (once immediately, once a second later when the main damage is applied) so it works very well defensively, as well as being excellent at applying Frostbite. I think if you're primarily a sorcerer, this is a good ash to interrupt the attacks of everyone in front of you as well as procing Frostbite, but if you primarily use weapons, Redmanes' stagger and direct damage may be more valuable.
By Anonymous