Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
Ghostflame = INT and magic damage.

Blackflame = FTH and fire damage.

Looks like peiple are confusing these two things. Hope that cleared up somr confusion.

By Anonymous
Also Ghostflame tends to inflict frost while Blackflame deals health percentage
By Anonymous
Does the flame cracked tear boost the damage?
By Anonymous
No check the type(s) of damage it has. With magic being listed you would use the magic cracked tear to boost instead
By Anonymous
No, ghostflame does magic damage.
By Anonymous
It's hideous I love it
By Anonymous
Has the lag glitch been fixed?
By Anonymous
No
By Anonymous
It was fixed in patch 1.06.
By Anonymous
Would love it if it wasnt so ugly...
By Anonymous
Would love it if it wasnt so ugly...
By Anonymous
One trick weapon. Damage with attacks is abyssman for a GS, only aow usefull. Well if you into spamming one thing its your weapon. I like to mix things. If i wanted spam one thing i'd went full on sorceries. Basically this gives you "spell" thats all its good for.
By Anonymous
Considering the trail of fire still does absurd damage i am guessing you never even used this and just had nothing better to do than hate on it?
By Anonymous
Having actually used it, the attack damage is perfectly fine, especially considering that your R2 is also a gap closer. You're right in that the star of the show is 100% the AoW, but it just being something you spam is... just plain wrong lmao, since you can combo it into EITHER R1 or R2 for a long patch of flame that persists or a huge-ass explosion. But to say its weapon damage is abysmal is also just utter nonsense, cuz it's mid at worst with physical damage, has a bit of magic damage, AND does frost buildup.
By Anonymous
everyone saying this should scale with faith, id rather it scaled with int and did fire damage instead of magic. that would make fgms really good with the poker, i mean ffs every other type of "flame" weapon and attack does fire damage except ghostflame... why fromsoft?
By Anonymous
Because it dealing Fire damage would instantly reset the Frostbite it applies. Now Frostbite reset is a pretty well-known mechanic by now, but it's more of a tech based on the game's mechanics that something that really makes sense. Having it encapsulated into a single weapon would just be super weird (not to mention broken as well)
By Anonymous
Why would you ever want fire damage over frost buildup?
By Anonymous
If it has magic damage instead of fire then gee I can't begin to wonder how I buff this thing?...
By Anonymous
Cuz ghostflame isn't flame, it's ghostflame. That's why it's called something different.
By Anonymous
Death flame is holy damage
By Anonymous
i would trade some damage on the AoW for a speed buff no lie
By Anonymous
I was having a very difficult time with the Haligtree Putrid Tree Spirit as part of Millicent's quest. High level melee-only build, I couldn't get off an attack. Fell to my death a few dozen times.
A quick jaunt to Caelid secured this oddball "greatsword".
It is the perfect weapon to use in that situation. Standing on the closest tree branch, I fired off the frost trail. It didn't seem like it would reach him, but it did. And the damage just kept piling up until he was dead. I took zero damage.
Thank you, death's poker.