Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
melania's tamer
By Anonymous
Ok something weird is going on either with this ash of war or all of them, as it does 1000 more damage on twinblade compared to a spear with higher damage and 2000 more on scythe that deals 60 more damage then spear, either this ash of war,or all of them also significantly differ in damage depending on what weapon class you put it on with, scythes and presumably lance (only infuseable great spear) and halberds being best options....
By Anonymous
could it be bleed? there is no scythe that cant bleed. imagine if those 5 spins proc bleed....
By Anonymous
Strange. Can confirm that on Level 0 Weapons the Scythe did 4 more damage then the halberd and 10 more than the short spear.
By Anonymous
would this on keen with high dex or on flame art with dex/faith put out more damage? just wondering
By Anonymous
Does this ash do much poise damage?
By Anonymous
Used on a Grave Scythe, this beautiful Ash of War breaks Poise within 2 and a half casts. Fully charged it hits like 6 times with the last hit launching everything that's not a rly chunky mofo into the air. During the 3rd charge enemy posture breaks but since you are in the Ash of War animation you can't riposte crit them. The moment you stop the skill you launch them. Unless we talk about bosses obviously. But when do we have time to get 3 full charged of on a boss.

It's definitely not bad at Poise breaking but not the best tool for it aswell and usually everything dies within 2 of 3 casts anyways cuz this hits like a freakin truck.
By Anonymous
No, not really. It will stagger low poise enemies tho, so anyone human sized will not be able to fight back if they get caught up in it.
By Anonymous
alot of people roll behind me its a good idea if your fighting a guy who likes to roll behind you
By Anonymous
This seems to override existing buffs on the weapon like bloodflame blade. Alas, I can't have both red and black fires on my weapon.
By Anonymous
Unfortunately yes but let's be real that would be absolutely broken beyond belief if you got both
By Anonymous
Very useful for dealing with ganks and bosses or enemies with high health, but dangerous against bosses that are fast and can't get staggered like Godfrey. But very good for Malenia
By Anonymous
I've been helping so many people beat Malenia with this on my Grave Scythe.
You can pretty much land the entire charge on her and even knock her down if timed right after her heavy strike attacks.
By Anonymous
Does the damage scale with your Incant scaling or just weapon damage overall?
By Anonymous
I think it scales with faith.
By Anonymous
Flame scales with faith primarily. It's the same as flame of the redmanes.
By Anonymous
Flame of the Redmanes scales with str, as it’s fire. This ash is flame, which scales with faith. Redmanes does not scale with faith.
By Anonymous
Try it with the Grave Scythe. Fire or Flame Art, depending on if you're strength or faith.