Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
Farmed the 2 knights in shaded castle for an hour never got a scythe finally got a Spear after getting 4 Swords and 3 sets of the armor, went to heart of aeonia and got 2 scythe of 2 mobs back to back.
By Anonymous
absolutely destroys in open areas where the rings dont get caught on walls. the range and damage output is nutty
By Anonymous
Might as well consider this a legendary
By Anonymous
Probably the worst scythe in the game. Has bad scaling, especially in the stat that increases the damage for the AoW. The AoW is also shared with an already-usable AoW on other weapons, which get the benefit of better scaling and movesets. Idk what From thinks when they make weapons like this, because they’re just outright worse than more basic weaponry.
By Anonymous
Except that it is not "shared aow", the generic one that you can slap on regular weapons has pathetic range when compared to halo scythe's.
By Anonymous
Your opinion is quite unpopular my friend. Doesnt mean it's bad btw. Me i've tried to loot it since the begining of my 2nd playthrough. Still failing...
By Anonymous
“Mind telling me what you’re doing with that scythe?”
“Becoming elden lord, sir”
By Anonymous
“Mind telling me what you’re doing with that scythe?”
“Becoming elden lord, sir”
By Anonymous
Whenever I see people trying to use this on an end game boss I feel bad for them. I still donno why they choose to give holy damage a massive short end for the end game for reasons other than lore accuracy.
By Anonymous
I think it’s part of betraying your faith. It’s what you get for not converting to frenzy, giants flame or to necromancy. Your buffs/heals definitely make up for it though
By Anonymous
Pure speculation, but I think the ash scales off fth primarily. My opponent at RL125 had enough fth to cast elden stars while wearing the clean rot set and all that. His rings were doing ABSURD damage through my tree sentinel armor/shield. So betting it scales off fth rather than str/dex.
By Anonymous
Does anyone have the problem wit this weapon's weapon art just firing in random directions(even straight up or down) and not hitting the enemy?
By Anonymous
it shoots at where your lock on was when you STARTED the attack and has NO tracking
By Anonymous
very nice and fun weapon, however one annoying thing is if there's uneven ground or a tiny branch the ash of war will not hit.
By Anonymous
I have a level 404 character with 120+ hours on him with many different holy damage builds. Personally, I find THIS to be the best holy damage option in the game using the ring of light. It's spammable, has great range, and great damage. I find this easier to build for than the golden order incantations. While the wiki says the WA scales off faith, I found a much more noticeable impact from upgrading the weapon itself.

I did some testing on the Albinaurics in Mohgwyn Palace using larval tears to change my faith. At 99 faith with the Shard of Alexander and Sacred Scorpion Charm with a +10 Halo Scythe, I did 1793 damage. Going down to 40 faith with the same build, I did 1618. The extra 59 levels in faith provided about an 11% increase in damage to my skill. Using a +0 Halo Scythe with 99 faith and the aforementioned talismans did 260 damage.

When using this in PvE, it is important to have a decent amount of distance between yourself and the enemy before using this. It is difficult to use in cramped areas or hitting an enemy at different elevations. Otherwise, going through NG+4 I use this skill to kill every boss except the ones with crazy holy resist (Maliketh, Elden Beast, etc.)