Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
Did the drop rate get buffed or something recently? I finally decided to farm for it and it only took me about 4-5 runs in Caelid for it to drop with minimum Arcane investment (but with Discover rate boosting gear on ofc) and when I returned to the Haligtree to progress the game another one dropped for me as well randomly. I suppose it's probably luck but what are the chances?
By Anonymous
They HAVE to have buffed it. I'm about halfway through farming every single piece of gear and this dropped on my second cleanrot kill. They've got 6 pieces of possible gear to drop, the odds there would be astronomical.
By Anonymous
I just spent 4 hours farming it, getting 35 swords before getting a single scythe
By Fatal0Efx
It's 5/3/2022 and for me I can't get anything to drop except for the armor and cleanrot sword. Been at it for almost 30 min now.
By Anonymous
Got this thing first kill, spent the next hour trying to get all the armor. This game is awful.
By Anonymous
The inverse for me... two full sets of armor or extra pieces, half a dozen swords and ONE Scythe after over an hour of farming
By Anonymous
I respeced my character with an 80 discovery and farmed aeonian swamp for about five minutes and I got the halo, I kept farming just to not waste the larval and got another halo along with 6 sets of cleanrot armour 6 swords but only one spear.
By Anonymous
farmed it today and got on first kill, then it dropped again on 2nd kill, is this even rare at all?
By Anonymous
After coming off a fresh 45 min grind loop with 0, I'd say you're just lucky.
By Anonymous
Doubt it,I got mine in the first couple kills. Decent weapon with holy and you can spam tge art decently
By Anonymous
Doubt it,I got mine in the first couple kills. Decent weapon with holy and you can spam tge art decently
By Thinix
This plus a tanky summon is so good it almost feels like a cheese against most bosses
By Thinix
This plus a tanky summon is so good it almost feels like a cheese against most bosses
By Anonymous
Picked up this thing after struggling with the Draconic Tree Sentinel and have been melting bosses ever since
By Anonymous
16 swords
10 helms
15 armors
11 gauntlets
12 greaves
1 scythe
Good Luck
By Anonymous
made a new character and needed a few runes to level, killed one knight got the scythe and armor, decided ill go ahead and farm a little since the enemies are easy to kill as a spell user and just throwing rocks. 3 runs, got two swords, one spear, 3 scythes and full armor in those runs. Sucks it took you so long
By Anonymous
I spent 2 hours farming, and finally got it after rescaling to 99 arcane, then my game decided to send me back to the title menu and I lost it:(
By Anonymous
a moment of silence for this poor soul
By Anonymous
I was having a rough time finding a weapon I liked and was regretting my Faith build but then a Cleanrot Knight strolled past me while I was waiting out a rot build up to deplete, so I decided to pick a fight, first time I saw a Cleanrot Knight…and it dropped. It has completely reinvigorated my game and I’ve been having a blast since getting it.
By Anonymous
This beautiful broken bastard makes me so happy.
By Anonymous
I have a level 404 character with 120+ hours on him with many different holy damage builds. Personally, I find THIS to be the best holy damage option in the game using the ring of light. It's spammable, has great range, and great damage. I find this easier to build for than the golden order incantations. While the wiki says the WA scales off faith, I found a much more noticeable impact from upgrading the weapon itself.

I did some testing on the Albinaurics in Mohgwyn Palace using larval tears to change my faith. At 99 faith with the Shard of Alexander and Sacred Scorpion Charm with a +10 Halo Scythe, I did 1793 damage. Going down to 40 faith with the same build, I did 1618. The extra 59 levels in faith provided about an 11% increase in damage to my skill. Using a +0 Halo Scythe with 99 faith and the aforementioned talismans did 260 damage.

When using this in PvE, it is important to have a decent amount of distance between yourself and the enemy before using this. It is difficult to use in cramped areas or hitting an enemy at different elevations. Otherwise, going through NG+4 I use this skill to kill every boss except the ones with crazy holy resist (Maliketh, Elden Beast, etc.)