Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By talkloud
i think the L2 cheese strat was patched. seems to be some cooldown before you can stun him again
By Anonymous
Still works. Just move to the side a bit and press L2 again
By Anonymous
This is a f**king epic boss design, the second phase is hands down, no doubt about it the best looking boss I've seen so far up to the fire giant which has a nice design as well and also a big ramp up in difficulty in his second phase. The boss arena is pretty cool as well, the husks of dead bodies entwined by snakes is bang on target. The serpent hunter great spear suckered me into a false sense of security thinking the weapon art was hitting from a safe, long range. Until I noticed I wasn't actually doing any damage to the god devouring serpent's health bar from that far away, that's when it all went to s**t for me, it's grab attack was one shotting me and it took me a good few tries to recognise the tell early enough to get to the second phase against Rykard himself. Honestly Rykard is the first boss in elden ring I see being on par with the best and most memorable bosses from bloodborne, the orphan of Kos, Ludwig the holy blade and lady maria of the astral clock tower. In a year or two it's Rykard I'll remember not the recycled and rehashed boss fights that are more hard work than fun.
By Anonymous
Another Chaoskampf allegory.

Team perfect Order, ftw.
By Anonymous
Aldrich hasn't got **** on Rykard.
By Anonymous
you know that Aldrich can kill midir
By PKCSUSER
Posts Avatar
Aldrich got the arrow rain move that one shots almost every single boss in ds3, Aldrich solos rykard, only cuz he is eating my second husband (first is gundyr)
By Anonymous
omg he is so slay
By Anonymous
The last thing you want on your journey to hell is to join the serpent king as family.
By Anonymous
but as it turns out, that might be just what you gæt
By PKCSUSER
Posts Avatar
Rykard weak to slash damage and frostbite, therefore he is no match for the PKCS
By Anonymous
Mr, TOGETHAAA himself.
By Anonymous
storm king, yhorm, divine dragon and rykard
By Anonymous
Use mimic tear. I did it and I bet him on my first try