Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
I'd like it more if getting summoned was more generous. Hard to know if I'm the wrong level, or if no one's looking for coop, or what.
By Anonymous
I’m under leveled I’m at the fire giant at level 74 with a +10 blood hounds fang
By Anonymous
These level ranges are absolutely bonkers after Weeping Peninsula. I am doing Caelid as a level 41 spellsword without any twinks. Only +5 upgraded Academy Glintstone Staff and a +5 Rapier with the Carian Shield.

I struggle with Commander O'Neil and got my *** handed to me a few times going through Sellia. But mostly because I got careless. I face rolled both Margit, Godrick at level 20 and Rennala at 30.

My nemesis is those grafted Scions or whatever they are called and every single Rune Bear I run across. ****s sake I get so stressed out by their super aggressive combat :)

Level 41 seems an appropriate challenge for Caelid as well as Altus Plateau East. It even works for Mt. Gelmir, but I'll probably get to level 45 before going through all of it.
By Anonymous
I am very under-leveled, apparently. I killed the omen king at lvl 75 with a Moonveil spellblade build(1st playthrough). It took about 50 tries but it was still very doable.
By Anonymous
This level guide seems off. The lakes area with my mage I was killing everything at lvl 25. My first sticking point was the fire dragon dude after climbing all the lifts with the annoying flying bat things. Then I put on some music and spent the day at dragonbarrow to quickly get to lvl 50. Sure if your parry and stuff is on point you can get past all of this before lvl 50 but any first souls game I gotta "gitgud' still lol.
By Anonymous
i am really underleveled lol
i am at consecrated snowfield at level 72, and the only boss i cheesed was draconic tree sentinel.
By Anonymous
Just realized that I should be grinding a LOT more throughout my playthrough - beat Morgott at around lv 50-60 with a lot of deaths
By Anonymous
Killing most main bosses on your first attempt, because you massively over leveled without trying, from exploring every sub-location, and killing all 48 variations of every field boss, is a perfectly acceptable strategy.
By Hirotoro
Posts Avatar
The map is really dumb. The only progression arrow it has that point into altus plateau is from lake of rot, which is a much harder area. People should go there via one of the three methods after completion of main caelid (not dragonbarrow)

Ultimately though being an open world game, there is no set path. But I still think recommending players do the lake of rot before altus is pretty silly. Altus also has some of the better weapons and spells dotted about.
By Anonymous
I have all effigies on all characters and I'd like to share my observations on PC from the past few weeks. Since patch 1.06, my lvl 60 character gets summoned more often in the mountaintop or in farum azula than in Caelid or Liurnia, to my surprise. Two times, my level 46 character got summoned in the consecrated snowfield, against the Astel in the mine ! Also, this level 46 character was summoned for Borealis once. My level 80 character has a lot of activities against the last bosses of the game, more than my lvl 100 in fact. There was one evening in particular where I got non-stop activities with my lvl 100+19, but otherwise, my lower levels have more activities than my lvl 100 or my lvl 130. But if I want to have the absolute most activities, I play as the host, instead of being the summon. However, too many players skip some cool effigies. And I find myself having a hundred people available for Malenia but none for the Ancestral Spirit in Nokron, or Commander O'Neil in Caelid.
By Hirotoro
Posts Avatar
Makes sense. Malenia is hard but those other bosses are not. The ancestral spirits are more spectacle than difficult (intended l and the commander is a pushover.