Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
Lord almighty fextralife community, it’s for invasions. Please learn to read.
By Anonymous
Untrue. Follow your own advice.
By Anonymous
Wow, I don't think this is correct. I easily killed Margit and Godrick around level 30. I completely curbstomped Rennala ar around level 53, to the point she couldn't even use her summons. Weeping Peninsula is also definitely easier than Limgrave. Siofra River is also very manageable at around 30 - the archers hurt but you can ignore them a simply explore and Ancestor Spirit is very easy.

These recommendations severely overestimate the power of the enemies, at least in the early and mid game.
By Anonymous
That's overleveled. I killed Margit at 14 Godrick at 20. I'm aware even this is overleveled.
By Anonymous
I think this list is for people who wants to do coop
By Anonymous
Amazing, almost every single word of what you just said is wrong.

Stormveil should be 10-20, Raya Lucaria should be 30-40, Leyndell should be 50-60. It's no wonder newbies to the franchise think that grinding runes at Mohgwyn palace is the right way to play the game when the wiki is telling them they need to be so overlevelled for each area.
By Anonymous
Unless you're doing literally zero optional content, I don't see how you would get to Leyndell at level 50. Like what are you doing with your runes?
By Hirotoro
Posts Avatar
Bro forgive me for wanting to explore the content on offer in an open world game, but just exploring will put a players level way higher than it needs to be. This guides fairly accurate to my own experience.

I didn't farm runes at all. I just played the content on offer.
By Anonymous
yeah idk how ive been playing the game but ive definitely been doing it wrong. im level 14 in the acadamy of raya lucaria and every boss since the first one has obviously just merced me instantly since im ~40 levels under the recommendation
By Anonymous
How is this even possible?
Mad respect but what have you being doing with your runes?
By Anonymous
This dudes grinding enemy attack patterns instead of runes lol. I like it.
By Anonymous
I don't want to deal with poise in PvP so I don't level past 110. It allows me to wear cool outfits :)
By Anonymous
Just drink poise potion or depending on build iron jar and you can wear whatever you want. But you very much will still deal with poise lords at 110 lol
By Anonymous
Yeah I mean with. Dealing with bull goat ******* boys at level 40 somehow. Obnoxious to encounter higher level gear at low levels.
By Anonymous
I play without particular build in my mind, just mix-and-matching melee, range, and incantations, use none of the supposedly OP weapons, and these recommend levels seem appropriate (at Mt. Gelmir at the moment). If you struggle A LOT (some struggle is expected since no build should be without weakness) in these area at these level ranges, you might want to look over your build. I believe that's the real use for the table; to measure if your build is up to the task or not.
By Aephiex
Don't get too anxious about your levels. The levels in Elden Ring are much unlike any particular levels you know from other games, since it's not really the measure of your power, unless you invest without waste, but even for that your power is determined by your build, not really by your level. You get very low returns in damage if you invest too early or too much into offensive stats like strength, but you get much higher damage by upgrading weapons, which significantly cuts the difficulty. You also get much tougher by investing a fair amount of points into Vigor, which reduces the overall difficulty as well. Not to mention the fact that you have many OP weapons that you can defeat many powerful bosses with them with a fairly low level. Even if you are at level 400, without powerful builds, OP weapons or some good techniques, you will still struggle in most middle and later maps. You only need to heavily concern about levels if you are going to play as an invador, since your levels and weapon upgrades are the measures of the matching up.
By Anonymous
This. Also, since each level takes increasingly more Runes, it will become very tedious to farm enough rune to level up at the stage you're in after certain level. If you feel that it takes ridiculous amount of kills to generate enough rune to level up, you are probably in the appropriate level for that particular area. If you still have trouble with common enemies, you might want to look into repec-ing yourself (they give out respec item in abundance, even if not unlimited) or looking over your build/equipment. It's not even about getting good with dodges at that point; from my experience, most common enemies (encountered 3+ at the same time) can be killed with little to no dodging, if you deal enough damage. My stats spread is 20-30 across the board, at level 90, so I can confirm that equipment upgrades are the main chunk of damage, rather than high stats. Then there are certain tactics that are effective on certain enemies, which you will have to research/test out for yourself. All of the above will visibly affect the difficulty of any given point in the game.
By Anonymous
Liurnia is far too low. Most people progressing the game will have a +8 weapon at Liurnia by virtue of a certain rapier and halberd obtained from quests. Suggesting that people are only +3 at the lake is a joke when at least 50% of the people are going to be +8 at this point anyway.

Same for all areas following Liurnia. They should be listed as +8. Only people who specifically aim to miss the rapier or halberd are going to be lower and those are a minority.
By Anonymous
Most of the people don't use this two weapons, because it doesn't fit their build.
By Anonymous
Shouldn't we at least put up a warning?
The game considers you as an character with a +8 weapon as soon as you aquire one. It does not ask if you wield it. Thus even if you go there with a <8 weapon you will get invaded by people with +8/+9 once you want to play cooperation.

Downvote this too hell but it will not change that this information is slightly misleading and will get people in trouble when they get invaded.
By ApexLiberty
Posts Avatar
Why are you getting downvoted? The majority of player will get either of the +8 weapons, which will cause them to be permanently zoned up the weapon level matchmaking range.

A player with a +8 regular weapon could only play with other players with +5-+12 regular weapons and +2-+5 special weapons. This mean that try to play multiplayer when you only have +3 or +4 regular weapons in Liurnia is a bad idea. You won't be able to matchmake with most of the players in that area.

And like what second commenter said, even if you don't use the +8 weapons, the game will still put you in the +8 matchmaking range. This allows invaders with +12 weapons to invade you when you're only using +4 weapons.
By ApexLiberty
Posts Avatar
Why are you getting downvoted? The majority of player will get either of the +8 weapons, which will cause them to be permanently zoned up the weapon level matchmaking range.

A player with a +8 regular weapon could only play with other players with +5-+12 regular weapons and +2-+5 special weapons. This mean that try to play multiplayer when you only have +3 or +4 regular weapons in Liurnia is a bad idea. You won't be able to matchmake with most of the players in that area.

And like what second commenter said, even if you don't use the +8 weapons, the game will still put you in the +8 matchmaking range. This allows invaders with +12 weapons to invade you when you're only using +4 weapons.
By Anonymous
Put your overly upgraded weapons in your chest. Poof: you're not overly upgraded in weapons anymore.
By Anonymous
Arguing about levels is pointless. If a build is OP or not depends on how you min maxed stats. A highly optimized lvl 80 build can easily beat a lvl 120 who was experiencing with different stats.
By Anonymous
Guys I beat (insert boss here) at (insert low level here), this chart is completely incorrect and anyone following it is bad
By Quarterspine
Sums up this whole discussion section pretty well, I'd say.
By Anonymous
This chart is explained at the top of the page as being based on summoning and invading. Basically, the chart is a measurement of what the devs assumed people would be at and where.