Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
does this have the highest guard ability of any weapon w/ greatshield talisman? i cant find any that are higher
By Anonymous
should be able to put seppuku on it smh
By Anonymous
only acceptable weapon to put seppuku on
By Anonymous
Lol, this page should probably mention that the carriage is defended by an annoyingly strong ulcerated tree spirit falling from the sky as you approach with 8817 HP. Got me good the first time as I casually strolled into the camp of just jabroni soldiers and bro fell from the sky and crushed me and the rest of the soldiers. Miyazaki probably thought it was hilarious to have a giant monster fall from the sky and crush you as you approach the giant crusher, haha.

If you are low lvl or just want to the weapon without killing the tree spirit, you should approach the camp from the back where the carriage with the weapon is, the tree spirit will still fall and crush the soldiers but it won't notice you if you are slightly outside the camp when it falls and the wooden side wall of the camp is between you and there is no direct line of sight between you and the tree spirit. You can then crouch and sneak into the camp from the back, jump to the platform of the carriage, open the chest and get the weapon.

Note that the the tree spirit's dormant position has its tail brushing the carriage so it's highly likely it will notice you at some point in the process of you jumping onto the carriage, opening the chest and getting the weapon. However, even if you get knocked down by it's attacks once or twice, it should be easy enough to hit the prompts to procure the weapon from the carriage. You can just avoid the hassle of escaping by making it a suicide run but note that in case you want to go back to a bonfire, you have to get on your horse and RUN to the central capital outskirts bonfire. Due to its distance closing attacks, you can barely outpace the tree spirit on horse. It is insanely aggressive, will follow you all the way and only disappear once you actually reach the circular area surrounding the bonfire.
By Anonymous
I also just strolled in there to a surprise monstrosity falling from the sky

My son was like "what the HELL is that?!?
By Anonymous
Am I the only one who skipped this throughout 4 playthroughs? Lmao
By Anonymous
For some reason that little peninsula area with the camp where Giant-Crusher is found, as well as that church, was very easy for me to overlook. Missed it my first character through 2 ng+'s and missed it on my second character all the way until after I'd killed Elden Beast and decided to look at all the weapons/spells/ashes/etc that exist that I didn't have. So you're not alone
By Anonymous
Thor = this w/ thunderbolt AOW. Mix it up with the lightning affinity for true thor or go for the godly method and play the heavy affinity.
By Anonymous
this does not have the highest ar in the game i am level 580 and 99 with dex,str,int,and fath and this does not even pass 1000 ar where the godslayer great sword does and so does the black blade.
By Anonymous
Use occult
By Anonymous
try using the heavy affinity
By Anonymous
This is actually true black blade has 926 AR for me and this only has 800 something
By Anonymous
I think it's referring to pure physical AR and not split damage. Other weapons will have higher AR due to split damage but in regards to damage dedicated to one element G-C is probably a tough one to beat.
By Anonymous
Probably some kind of bug cause mine has 1120 without any buffs.
Try disabling cheats and see if it works correctly.
By Anonymous
Split damage dude...
By Anonymous
Apart from what everyone else said, who exactly is gonna be level 580 without cheats or an ungodly amount of farming?
By Anonymous
@ 19 Sep

I have a character at 240 that I got to organically just playing through the game and NG+. Pretty sure I was 190+ after the first playthrough without farming. But yeah, I only picked up 50 more levels in NG+, so I can't imagine more than doubling that level without cheating
By Anonymous
@ 13 Sep You must have low str or are keeping the GC standard. On one of mine where I have 58str +2str from a helm I get 893 AR when 2-handing. But the comment about this being the highest AR in the game means the highest single damage-type in the game. Split damage will go higher. I think the Royal GS even has a higher combined AR at 50str/60int, let alone Black Blade, Godslayer, etc
By Anonymous
I am level 339 and I m using it with Flame Affinity and 75 Str and 75 Faith and I have over 1000 AR
By Hirotoro
Posts Avatar
The article clearly states highest non-split damage AP. Some people really can't read...
By Anonymous
imagining a Dex build using this and putting keen on it is absolutely cursed.
By Anonymous
level 400 build
By Anonymous
...whosoever holds this hammer, should he be worthy...
By Anonymous
Hey, guess what I just did. :)
By Anonymous
Fun fact: if you have 99 in all stats, Keen gives it 1 more damage than Heavy lol
By Anonymous
Is it worth using just one of these instead of two? I remember reading that two handing gives more posture damage and extra strength bonus but I’m not sure
By Anonymous
If I'm correct, 2-handing should increase AR by 50% and you know which AoW can only be used with non power stanced weapons that would fit in nicely? That's right, roar buffs. Go ham!
By ghibif
2-handing will increase effective STR by 50%, but AR increase will be less than 50% because it doesn't scale linearly after 80 effective STR. If you have less than 60 STR, then the optimal thing to do would be 2-hand heavy at up to 54 STR. This will put you at the 80 STR soft-cap. Personally I use 2 occult crushers and have points in STR/ARC since occult has higher damage potential than heavy.
By Hirotoro
Posts Avatar
AP (can we stop calling it AR please, the game calls it Attack Power) is not boosted by 50% when 2 handing, Anon. Effective strength is. Which due to diminishing returns is less effective the higher you go.
By Anonymous
tragothpilled
By Anonymous
The entire earth should shake when you hit the ground with this thing.