Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
Is frost the better bleed then?
By Anonymous
Bleed can be instantly retriggered. Frost has to run out first.
By Anonymous
Frost doesn't deal as much damage as bleed. But since it provides a damage resist debuff, it's useful in most cases because most sources of Frost also deals decent damage by their selves.
By Anonymous
in pve bleed is better
By Anonymous
Dual katana: both have passive bleed, add poison to one and add frost build-up on the other + summon jellyfish - Let it riiiip
By Anonymous
I need to try it out but a little fire from something like firesurge or a fire weapon would reset the frost bar instantly in ds3, it might be the same here in elden ring.
By Anonymous
no way, bleed is ridiculously overpowered. was messing around with +0 hookclaws on an INT/FAI build and managed to kill the godskin apostle in caelid in under 2 minutes on bleed alone
By Anonymous
Bleed is an instant effect with more immediate damage, frostbite does less damage but lowers target's defenses. Just like in DS3, it can be reset with a fire attack of one sort or another.
I've found that frost build-up is a lot easier to raise then bleed, myself. I just keep a few fire pots handy if I want the initial burst damage per proc instead of exploiting the debuff otherwise.
By Anonymous
Since Bleed can be retriggered, I think it's better for weapons, while Frost is something that's better to be triggered with spells, before you switch to weapon. Frost mist and Adula's Blade are fantastic for proccing frost before you go in and start your attack.
By Anonymous
Again, why not both? Open with frostbite to lower their resistance, then switch to a bleed weapon to stack bleed even faster. Frostbite comes off the target? Reapply it. It gets pretty nutty on bosses.
By Anonymous
I need to know where to get the spell that causes Frostbite like Alberich uses
By Anonymous
spells that cause frostbite can be bought from seluvis by either completing his questline to open his shop or completing ranni's questline then looting his body for his bell bearing and giving it to the twin husk in the roundtable you can also get adulas moonblade after ranni's questline that also i believe does frostbite.
By Anonymous
There is an ash of war that gives cold damage to a weapon and does that move alberich does with the cloud. You can find it from a scarab around ranni's area.
By Anonymous
So, im pretty sure its like ds3 where it does flat damage + a % of hp, but I believe the flat damage is extremely high. The buildup can one shot people at 500 and under hp.
By Anonymous
Running magic affinity lordsworn's straight sword with hoarfrost stomp. I am able do hit 500-700 proc consistently. This feels... busted. Will do more testing.
By Anonymous
Soooo…does arcane increase the buildup, int, or neither and it’s fixed? Anyone know? I know arcane effects bleed build up, was wondering about other status effects
By Anonymous
Arcane is the stat you want to increase for any status effect��� bleed, madness, frostbite, etc.
By Anonymous
Do we even know arcane affects bleed build up. I feel like everywhere I've heard that has been an unreliable source. Maybe I missed it, but I've yet to hear someone actually test it.
By Anonymous
If the weapon has arcane scaling, arcane will ALSO scale all status effects. Adding arcane through whetstone or ash of war use counts. No arcane scaling = no status effect scaling.
By Anonymous
The slower the weapon the more frostbite per hit is added.
By Anonymous
Generally true for Bleed and poison as well, tho fast weapons like claws feel like they actually proc faster. Putting frostbite on Venomous Fang lets you apply both frostbite and poison almost immediately lol
By Anonymous
Does Bleed do more damage on enemies afflicted by frostbite?
By Anonymous
If you are a faith caster the ice breath incantation will proc frostbite super quick on most foes.
By Anonymous
Icerind Axe is great for accumulating frostbite on foes with the Hoarfrost Stomp. I'd say it's better than bleed because it does percentage damage when built up as well as weakens their stamina recovery.
By Anonymous
Iv been pairing the dragonscale katana with the meteor katana so it builds up frost and bleed at the same time and its been pretty great
By Anonymous
Why not both? :D
By Anonymous

If you give a weapon with intrinsic bleed the frost attribute or a frost ash of war it will build both bleed and frostbite with a small hit to bleed buildup. I am using dual cold grave scythes with hoarfrost stomp and the damage is insane. You proc frostbite and then 2-3 hits later you proc bleed for plus 20% damage. The ash of was also does tons of damage and seems to build frost extremely fast, sometimes procing frost bite on weaker enemies in one hit.
By Anonymous
last updated nov 2021? how are these not populated yet...
By Anonymous
Because you didn't do the research to figure it out and let us know
By Anonymous
too busy playing the game
By Anonymous
How much does it lower enemy absorption?