Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Alzealot
From my experience, you have to first defeat Starscourage Radahn before you can find Blaidd in Mistwood Forest as a prerequisite to Ranni's questline.
By Anonymous
this is false Ive encountered him before defeating radahn
By Anonymous
not true. He can be found immediately. As soon as you hear the howling, talk to Kal��. Snipping during the howl after that will make him available. Pretty sure you could do that from the start of the game
By Anonymous
You need to kill one of the big bosses, for me it was the one from stormveil
Answering because everyone puts thumbsdown but your answer is technically true ahah
By Anonymous
radahn is basically the finish line. oof
By Anonymous
why does this have 40 dislikes
By Anonymous
I used him in as a summon in Radahn fight after hearing him in the woods once, and got the emote. Now I cannot get him to howl for me day or night, reload or going back to site of grace. So i just went to the evergaol wasn't there either. I think I completely messed up his questline.
By rotolotto
Blaidd drops nothing when defeated.

If you exhaust dialogue with him first, he can be found as a summon ally for the fight against Dariwiiil in the Forlorn Hound Evergaol, at the southern tip of Limgrave just before the Bridge of Sacrifice. After the fight, he will reward you with a level 2 somber smithing stone.
By Anonymous
Shame, I want his sword so badly
By Anonymous
Shame, I want his sword so badly
By Kalerice
He also talks about a festival. After which you can meet him at the plaza at Redmane Castle. And he is then summonable for Starscourge Radahn
By Anonymous
Do you know where to find him after the Radahn fight? I think he said something about going to the place where the meteor fell but he disappeared before i could talk to him again
By WzrdKng1
Venture to the Mistwood Ruins in East Limgrave and wait until you hear a wolf howling, then leave and speak to Kale about the ruins. He will teach you the "finger snap" gesture. Return to the Mistwood Ruins and use this gesture and Blaidd will appear. Speak to him and then head to Forlorn Hound Evergoal (beneath Agheel Lake South site of grace) and you will be able to summon him for the fight.
By Anonymous
what if ive already killed that boss in evergaol
By Anonymous
what if ive already killed that boss in evergaol
By Anonymous
ive done the bloodhound section of his quest but cant seem to get him to move to siofra, hes given me the smelting stone so i know its complete.
By Anonymous
You have to continue to the next area of the story and you meet him again there. After that the quest will continue to the well
By Anonymous
where can find Darriwil?
By Anonymous
If you already defeated Bloodhound Knight Darriwil before talking to Blaidd, you can still continue his questline. When I went to Darriwil’s evergaol, Blaidd appeared there when I reloaded the area. He gives what I assume are the same dialogue and rewards for if you had summoned him for the fight.
By Anonymous
if you kill him can you get his armor i need his armor
By Anonymous
nope
By Anonymous
Met him at Redmane Castle for the first time. This was after Godrick and the grand lift for me.