Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
So what attributes affect the queens black flame ash of war on this weapon? Is it more faith or dex?
By Anonymous
This things unique R1s are neat. Other Colossal Swords have you slamming the sword firmly into the ground to stop it, but with this sword it's more like the weapon kind of bounces/skids along the ground and slows to a stop more naturally. It's much more fluid looking.
By Anonymous
This things unique R1s are neat. Other Colossal Swords have you slamming the sword firmly into the ground to stop it, but with this sword it's more like the weapon kind of bounces/skids along the ground and slows to a stop more naturally. It's much more fluid looking.
By Anonymous
Initially it's kinda sad that this is a dex weapon, it's actually a bit of a blessing. With 30 faith you get access to all the good buffs and at 20str/30fth you get more out of the clawmarks seal still than other seals. Because the damaging beastial incantations are more for a ranged backup or aoe for swarm situations than a primary build, they compliment the sword since the dex will help them come out faster. The ash is EXTREMELY damaging and as good as any spell, so you don't need a damaging spell so that also doesn't matter.

It's pretty reasonable to get 20/40/30 on a 125 build if you stick to 40 vigor and don't overdo it with mnd and end and the sword would only scale further from there if you want to go in ng cycles. If you want an equivalent str/fth weapon the magma wyrm scalesword is excellent now too
By Anonymous
Did they nerf the scaling? Why? It didnt need that.
By Anonymous
The scaling on this is unfortunate on faith builds but it isn’t to be overlooked.

Dexterity still boosts casting speed and its investment can boost incantation damage per second more than Faith at certain levels.

It’s speed still rivals the Blasphemous Blade and it has more reach than the former.

If you are going for new game plus, 80 Faith and 40-50 dexterity is a reasonable investment on a level 200 build.

This weapon then actually starts becoming on par with the Blasphemous Blade. It’s attack rating is outright higher.

Taker’s flame is still great but the debate of what’s better at that level starts to equalize.

The winged scythe makes a great sidearm.
By Anonymous
This thing absolutely destroys Radagon. Killed him from full health in 3 R2s (all 3 hits connected). Godslayer indeed...
By Anonymous
“Colossal weapon”

“God why would they make such a cool looking greatsword colossal-

“Faster move-set”

Aaaaand it’s my new favorite weapon, and that running r2 is just sexy.
By Anonymous
This weapon is absolutely GOATED. I got this up to +9 what feels like pretty early in my run because I took some detours that had me in high level areas pretty early, and it’s basically trivialized everything I’ve fought since. I’ve three shot bosses. I never liked big, slow weapons in Souls games before, especially since I always tend to do Dex/Faith builds, so finding a big sword that scales off those and looks cool plus does fire damage had my attention. This plus the Peeler plus the Black Blade is definitely my final loadout.
By Anonymous
I have the sword but the blackflame weapons kill won't work. I have the stat requirements, but when I try to use it, nothing happens. My character just slowly swings the sword. Is this a glitch? Does anyone else have this problem?