Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By ATypicalPlague
It's a boss drop found in the Gael Tunnel, by defeating the Magma Wyrm (minor boss variant of the Magma Wyrm Makar).
By Anonymous
Thank you
By Anonymous
Appreciate it. Where to get the somber smithing stones to upgrade it though? The hunt continues lol
By Master of Octopi
Feb 27th anon: you can get a few Somber stones from the Morne Tunnel. Lots of regular smithing stones too.
By Anonymous
Anyone know where to get this beauty?
By Master of Octopi
Gael's Tunnel in Caelid. You can access it early, but you have to clear the dungeon and kill the Magma Wyrm for it, which isn't easy at low levels. I'd wait until after Godrick, when you can hit hard enough to make it more doable (looks like it's got something like 6k HP judging from some of the videos I've seen). Good luck.
By Anonymous
Well if you're doing a spellblade build, I'd suggest picking up the Rock Sling spell and the Meteor Staff before hand. I got this beauty of a sword at barely over lvl 30 by repeatedly staggering Magma Wyrm with Rock Sling, it does STUPID posture damage with only 4 casts.
By Anonymous
You get the moonveil for killing the magma wyrm in the Gael tunnel, north east cave in Caelid
By Treyhova
Best Int weapon in the game. Its weapon art hits very hard, is insanely fast, has a good cost to fp ratio and staggers enemies very easily. This is on top of its base moveset and damage being very good.
By ATypicalPlague
Yeah I'm currently at 30 Dex/30 Int and this thing does ridiculous damage. The R2 skill in particular does a ridiculous amount of damage to bosses compared to the FP cost, as well as being super fast. It also does decent poise damage too. Absolutely one of the top tier weapons in this game I'd say.
By Anonymous
And the weapon art still works like unsheathe when you're out of FP.
By Anonymous
Looks so beautiful
By Anonymous
Using this sword with my battle mage and oooh boy does it put out some nice damage
By Anonymous
How can i upgrade this weapon? can't +1 it currently. can't even put ashes of war and can't bost it with scholar armament
By Anonymous
Need to use 'Somber Smithing Stone' since it's a unique weapon. That needs to be updated on the wiki. It also can't be upgraded with Ashes of War.
By Anonymous
its unique so you use somber smithing stones and you cant change the ash of war.
By Anonymous
somber smithing stones, can't buff it since it already has magic dmg on it.
By Anonymous
This takes Somber Smithing Stone to upgrade (similar to boss weapons). Unfortunately, it has a unique weapon skill which you aren't allowed to swap out. And with all weapons with split damage (here it's physical and magic), you use armament spells on it.
By Anonymous
Ask me how I know you've never played a Dark Souls game before.
By Anonymous
why would you want scholar? it already has Int scaling?
By Anonymous
Got this at +4 on my dex+int build and it slaps so hard. I haven't had much luck finding a good weapon for this build so I'd say its a must have for early game.
By Anonymous
What���s the sacling like? In int dex and strength? B,c?
By Anonymous
I'd also like to add it pairs nicely with the Carian Filifreed Crest, which lowers FP consumed by skills. You can purchase it from the giant blacksmith after talking to Blaidd. People seem to be complaining they don't notice a difference in FP cost but its pretty apparent with this.
By Anonymous
Moonveil cannot be buffed nor infused. It goes to +10 not +25