Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
Thought this was going to be useful to get trolls roar pre mountaintops by duplicating off trolls hammer. It makes sense that unique ashes can’t be duplicated but, annoyingly enough, it can’t duplicate normal ashes off weapons either.

There is literally no reason to use this item.
By Anonymous
If you were using a shield but preferred WAs over parrying, you'd be spending your no skill ash on a shield; one of these could be used to let you also have a no skill ash on on a torch, assuming you prefer one over or alongside the lantern.
By Anonymous
Saves you from going through NG+ to get the same Ash of War multiple times on a PVP character, where you may want to use different weapons with the same weapon art in a single dual. Not that it was a big deal in DS1 or DS2 to quickly run through NG+ to pick up a unique spell again, in order to double up on the limited number of casts in those games, but this system still saves some time. In PvE however, yeah it's completely useless
By Anonymous
Farm 2 lordsworn straight swords, dupe bloody slash, enjoy being OP as **** without even leaving limgrave.
By Anonymous
Powerstance with bloody slash or chilling mist on both
By Anonymous
Can you later remove a duplicated ash of war from your inventory? Or will you have two of the same there forever?
By Anonymous
throw it in the vault or if you really don't want it just drop it, if it doesnt let you just put it on a weapon you dont care about and drop the weapon or sell it.
By Anonymous
yes, every ash can be duplicated as far as i can tell, and i dont think you even need to have it in your inventory you just have to have obtained it atleast once
By Anonymous
You can sell ashes of war.
By Anonymous
Does duplication work for Ashes you find on quests like Rogier’s Rapier and Edgar’s Banished Knight Halberd?
By Anonymous
Yes, as long as you can remove the ash from the weapon (which you can with those two), you can then duplicate it. This won���t work for weapons that have unique skills which cannot be removed though.
By Anonymous
There's an unlisted one in Leyndell slums' sewer tunnels (not Subterranean Shunning-Grounds). Past some rats and small hand enemies, at the end of a long straight otherwise empty tunnel that has the Lost Ashes of War and a wall-clung large hand enemy guarding it.
By Wolf_Pwnz_Noobs
Posts Avatar
Anyone have a number of the total Lost Ash of War in the game?
By Anonymous
I found 14 in my first playthrough.
By Anonymous
Unique ashes of war cannot be dublicated.
By Anonymous
not the normal way, at least
By Anonymous
I have 15 of them
By Anonymous
So am I trippin or are these things next to pointless? It honestly makes me feel like at some point in development, putting ash on a weapon was supposed to be much bigger deal than it ended up being in the release version. Like the ashes were probably one time use, would get soulbound to a weapon and this could be used to have an extra copy in case you wanted to put it on another weapon.
Imo you are effectively hurting yourself by running two or more of the same ash, even on weapons you switch between. I think its way better to have different ashes ready for different situations. Honestly the only use I can think of is to have two of ash that buff the weapons themselves (determiantion, seppuku etc) for maximum possible damage meme builds or if you are a sweaty tryhard and just want to run bloodhound step on everything.
By Anonymous
It's extremely valuable for pvp builds where you're switching over a variety of weapons. Not just for BHS, but also ashes like glintstone pebble, giant hunt, flaming strike, royal knight's resolve, etc where they're good enough you might want on more than one weapon. Also a trick is you can have the same weapon twice, but with different ashes and switch during the fight to mess up your opponent, but this can use up a lot of the useful ashes.
By Anonymous
you can duplicate ashes of war so for example you can duplicate bloody slash early in the game and put it on 2 "curved swords" boom, now you are duel wielding 2 bleed blades which can carry you further without even upgrading the weapons (until you get the ones you really want) and as said before allow you to allocate the ash of war on multiple weapons allowing you in pvp to create unique combat builds you can change mid game and even in pve - if you say LOVE using a particular ash of war but certain enemies are more resistent to a type of weapon - boom you got 2 now - many uses for these.
By Anonymous
you can duplicate ashes of war so for example you can duplicate bloody slash early in the game and put it on 2 "curved swords" boom, now you are duel wielding 2 bleed blades which can carry you further without even upgrading the weapons (until you get the ones you really want) and as said before allow you to allocate the ash of war on multiple weapons allowing you in pvp to create unique combat builds you can change mid game and even in pve - if you say LOVE using a particular ash of war but certain enemies are more resistent to a type of weapon - boom you got 2 now - many uses for these.