Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
Interrupting one with a horn does not cancel the trigger of the horn being played. Even if it never reaches the enemy's mouth and no sound is played, every other enemy in the area will react as though you let them finish their alert.
By VigilantLance
Yes it does. I farmed them for hours. If you hit them just before they raise it to their mouth, it will negate the squad call.
By Anonymous
False... If it is out and you hit them just before they bring it to their mouth, they will not summon the squad. SOURCE: I farmed them for 6 hours straight.
By Anonymous
Untrue, you can stop the call for help!
By Anonymous
where do you get a bow in this game early
By VigilantLance
Does the spear wielding variant drop its spear? It is not using a partisan.
By Anonymous
i would like to know as well, ive tried farming for it with no luck
By Anonymous
Can confirm. Doesn't seem like they drop their spears, no.
By Anonymous
Yeah it's bogus - it such a nice looking spear and they seemingly don't drop it, nor is it attainable in game...

I've farmed at the Gatefront Ruins for over 8 hours, endlessly killing about 2 per 30 seconds and still haven't gotten it, even though literally every other weapon or armor that you can see in the area is obtainable as a drop... That's roughly 1,900 spear and shield soldiers killed and still no drop. I'm giving up.
By Anonymous
Where you found Iji there are sorcerer noble that can teleport is the real pain in the @ss and they caught lag and may destroy your cheap Graphic card too.
By Anonymous
I farmed them for hours, must have killed over 500, got all their armour and weapons, including the full set for the Knight armour, but the Warpick never dropped for me. Also Partisan dropped 4-5 times, but only from the Knight, never from the Soldiers. Smithing stones drop is pretty low as well, as I got around 12 smithing stones from over 500 kills on these guys, which was just enough to level one weapon to +3 (which is fine).
By Anonymous
The spear wielding soldiers aren’t using the partizan. If you sneak up on one and look closely you’ll see it’s different. They don’t seem to drop it nor is it attainable anywhere else in the game. Rather disappointing as it’s a very nice design.
By Anonymous
The only thing these mfs know to drop is bolts, I literally spent two hours trying to farm only the gauntlets and I now have 400 bolts. This game has worse drops rates than the dark souls series combined
By Anonymous
That's really funny because I have 4 of those gauntlets and 100+ bolts but I've yet to get any smithing stones from them!
By Anonymous
You must not have played Dark Souls 2, my friend... I still haven't found the Old Knight Ultra Greatsword...
By Anonymous
Soldiers also have a chance to drop a Crossbow as well. I found this out at South Agheel Lake in Limgrave. There were 3 Soldiers battling a group of Mid-Humans. One of the Soldiers that died dropped a Heavy Crossbow.
By Anonymous
Why do their faces look strange? Are they not human?
By Anonymous
Why do their faces look strange? Are they not human?
By Anonymous
They���re unable to experience true death, so they���re basically zombies at this point
By Anonymous
Tested and they appear to have a bleed resist somewhere between 180 and 216