Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
Does the shield increase blood loss build up you apply with right hand weapon or does it apply it when you attack with the shield?
By Anonymous
can confirm you need to actively hit the target with the shield in order to apply bleed. It DOES NOT increase build up on your currently active weapon even if you one-hand your weapon and technically have the shield out.
I do not know if in PvP if someone were to hit the shield if it would apply bleed to them.
By Anonymous
How does the shield work with bleed?
By Anonymous
After tests (included blow) I *believe* it's blood loss passive will not stack with an armament's. I tried: 2h, 1h and even blocking hits to see if that could/would cause a tick -- nothing. Same enemy, each time, took about five to six hits before incurring blood loss.
By Anonymous
Well so much for that then.
By Anonymous
Infusing this with poison makes it a great status applier for a shield build, testing it on beastmen I'd apply poison before the bleed even triggered.
By Anonymous
anybody know? Do they expect us to use the shield as a weapon to make enemies bleed?
By Anonymous
You can give this shield the shield bash or shied crash arts of war, allowing you to inflict bleed build up while bashing them with the shield. You can also infuse the shield with blood to strengthen the bleed effect. Alternatively, you can use cold or poison to build up other statuses along with bleed.
By Anonymous
Giving blood infusions to instead bleed weapons gives the same bleed buildup and arcane scaling as infusing a non innate bleed weapon with blood
By Anonymous
one time I double handed it and killed a scholar weeb with it. fun times
By Anonymous
Why the hell is this a medium shield, the other one is also medium and it's just better in everything except fire and weight.
By Anonymous
Curiously, this shield clangs with the sound of metal when blocking with it. Could this be a clue?