Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
It’s not a stairway, it’s a series of platforms.
There is a giant rat after the 3 rats.
There is an earth dragon after the giant rat.
By Anonymous
That's a whole other area
By Anonymous
There isn't even an Earth Dragon in the game.
By Anonymous
The room before it is guarded by 4 rats.
By Anonymous
There is no staircase leading underground, someone please explain
By Anonymous
If youre first entering the area, Its directly to the left. But if youre not, go from the lost grace, across the courtyard and to the right. There's stairs that go below leading to 4 rats.
By Anonymous
i upgraded it to +5 and even if it scales B from faith, damage is not changed! is it bug or something?
By Anonymous
I upgraded this weapon to +5 but Black Flame damage doesnt change even a bit. Why?
By fides5566
It does increase for me though but the dmg gain for upgrade most Seals aren't that great at all. At least for me @30 faith.
By fides5566
Testing at +3, it seems like the dmg boost from using Godslayer incantations is ~8%
By Anonymous
That���s crazy because the regular finger finger seal has way more Incant scaling. It elides WAY more damage than the godslayet seal
By AVMarshal
Posts Avatar
This is meant to be a reply to the bit below (or above, not sure where this will post), but for me, the Godslayer does more & has more than the Finger Seal, not even considering Godslayer/Blackfire spells. I have both of them at +12, and Godslayer has 181 scaling while Finger has 179. Testing the damage (against the same enemy ofc) with Lightning Spear (so, not a Godslayer spell), the Godslayer did 717 while the Finger did 707.

I think it's weird that a 'specific' catalyst is better in general rather than just for it's boost, but at least where I am right now, the Finger Seal is useless, since the Godslayer is better for anything apparently. Also, just a general note, many of the scalings on the wiki that are listed as 60 are not accurate; 60
By AVMarshal
Posts Avatar
Accidentally hit enter before I finished, but what I was trying to end off with is that many of the 60 scalings listed on the wiki are inaccurate; 60 is just what shows up when you don't meet the requirements.
By Anonymous
what are god slayer spells?
By AVMarshal
Posts Avatar
I could be wrong (like there might be more, it might not be all of them, etc), but it seems like all of the Black Fire spells are Godslayer. At least, of the one's I've seen so far in game, so I'd wager they all are.
By Anonymous
Basically this game's version of dark pyromancies.
By Anonymous
Black fire
By Anonymous
Abyss spells from darksouls, the black flame stuff
By Anonymous
black fire
By Anonymous
black flame and black flame blade
By Anonymous
I could be wrong, but I have the Finger Seal @ +12 and the Godslayer's Seal @ +12, and you'd think that the "base"/non-specific Seal would have a higher incant scaling, but it turns out the Godslayer's is higher despite the fact that it gives a boost to a specific type. Right now the Finger Seal is 179 while the Godslayer's is 181. Using Lightning Spear, my damage with Godslayer is like 717 while Finger is 707.

Just something that to me seems weird, but just a heads up. I haven't compared to any other seal though, but at least right now, it seems like even if you just want a general purpose seal (and not specifically godslayer magic), Godslayer's > Finger.
By Anonymous
It's not weird... it's supposed to be an upgrade in general as well (you need 27 faith to even use it). The Finger Seal is basically the baby starting seal
By AVMarshal
Posts Avatar
The reason it's weird to me as I would have thought they are all side-grades. Like, on the Seals list on the wiki, each of the Seals has a specialty, while Finger is non-specific. It stood to me that Finger would have better 'raw' (not by much though) compared to any of the specifics' specialty (which would pass ahead only when using specialty) since there was no other generic seal. Stat requirements alone don't always constitute an upgrade (i.e. a 10 X requirement item could have an X scaling of A, so at 40 gain more compared to an alternative with a 40 X requirement with an X scaling of D).
By Anonymous
Well those are just assumptions based on nothing lol. As I said the Finger Seal is just the noob seal and you want to switch to a better one as soon as possible (based on the kind of incantations you want to use)
By Anonymous
They are assumptions based on typical game design, not nothing.
By Anonymous
That has never been typical game design in souls. It's pretty uncommon for the beginner magic focus item to be good they are usually outclassed by just about anything.
By Anonymous
The finger seal is not a "noob" seal, moron. There is nuance because for whatever reason it still out performs the gravel stone seal even when using dragon cult incantations.
By iluvpichu
finger seal is in fact for noobs. This is a direct upgrade
By Anonymous
it would make more sense if this game had item rarity, Finger Seal would be common/uncommon & Godslayer would be rare/epic. specialized but also just a general upgrade