Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
The 1.04 update made this quest weird. Defeating godrick first (and misbegotten after) skips quite a lot of Edgar and Irina's questline, Irina dies, Edgar does not show up to her after defeating misbegotten and Hyetta is next to the Lake-Facing Cliffs grace site. Doing the reverse, he disapears after giving him the letter if you rest at a grace, but does show up at Irina's location if you kill misbegotten. In both cases you get invaded at Revenger's Shack. TL;DR - You will not get some of the dialogue if you rest after giving him the letter or beat godrick first but overall you get the rewards.
By chillypheese
So instead of fixing the quest they just let you skip it? I'd say something but this quest is so badly put together for both a game play and narrative that I don't think it even matters anymore. At least people won't be locked out of the ending.
By Anonymous
Was broken in this exact way for me back in 1.03... here's hoping they actually do something because it's getting annoying
By Anonymous
Weird, i did that quest after i defeated Godrick and i got all the lines stated in this wiki, and i also didnt see any problem while doing it.
By Anonymous
if he hasn't spawned in castle moorne just go to his invasion site, he invaded me there without me seeing him once, and he did drop the shabriri grape
By Anonymous
Personal theory: Edgar was being affected by Frenzy from the start, and Irina's death was simply the breaking point.

Evidence: He drops a Shabriri Grape, which appear to be eyes from the Frenzied, on death even before he finds out Irina is dead. Also, his castle is south of a village completely consumed by Frenzy, so there's a potential "infection" vector.
By Anonymous
Banished Knight Face Reveal
By Anonymous
I WANT HIS ARMOR, please Hidetaka do something, I implore you the armor is just <3 <3 <3
By Anonymous
It’s literally just banished knight armor
By Anonymous
There is a knight in castle sol that will drop it off you farm it
By Anonymous
Look closely in Castle Sol and farm
By Anonymous
it's not possible to equip the version that edgar is wearing, but it's only slightly different from the ones in castle sol so just go there and farm for that version.
By Anonymous
Has anyone encountered a new bug post 1.04 where he isn't spawning at Castle Morne?
By Anonymous
Me. I've reloaded twice and no edgar.
By Anonymous
spawned for me twice just fine
By Anonymous
Just went there on my rl1 post boss kill, with no letter, he was there and dropped both items normally
By Anonymous
I had the same problem. However, when I went to the Revenger's Shack, Edger still invaded me.
By Anonymous
I've had the same problem since before the update... I wonder what's going on? I hope I didn't mess anything up!
By Anonymous
This also happened to me
By Anonymous
Me too, he is just not there.
By Anonymous
Yep not spawning anywhere on my new 1.04 playthrough ;-;
By Anonymous
Yes, Same.
By unicornp
In case it's not seen up above, "As of patch 1.04, if you come to Liurna (or talk to Hyetta) before delivering Irina's letter, Edgar will not show up at castle Morne, effectively skipping all dialogues. But the invader Edgar will still appear at revenger's shack" Definitely what happened to me unfortunately.
By Anonymous
Really?? That's it? I wanted his armor! Such a shame the questline is so short.
By Anonymous
His armor is a version of the Banished Knight armor set that's dropped by enemies wearing it in Castle Sol in NE Giants Mountain area
By Anonymous
His armour is just the altered version of the Banished Knights armour
By Anonymous
it's not possible to equip the version that edgar is wearing, but it's only slightly different from the ones in castle sol so just go there and farm for that version.
By Anonymous
Side note: If you kill Irina yourself and then meet Edgar at the place where she died, he will accuse you of killing her and be marked as an enemy, however it seems like he won't attack you until you attack him.
By Anonymous
No he instantly went after me
By Anonymous
The bug where he doesn't invade at Revengers Shack is fixed. I had this bug since day one. After patch 1.0.4 i ported to Revengers Shack, rested and waited til night, and suddenly the mount button greyed out and he appeared. Thank god Hyettas quest can finally be completed.
By Anonymous
If you rest at Lake Facing Cliffs and spawn Hyetta, Edgar does not despawn until you talk to her and give her a grape.