Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
Hoping that discovery actually makes a big difference in the final game because i would love to make a build that focuses on crafting items and spells
By Anonymous
Putting money on, Arcane being the Resistance//Luck stat of Elden Ring
By Anonymous
It increases by investing in the Arcane stat.
By Anonymous
Item drops DO increase with discovery, was reluctant to invest any points. Spent 6 points on it and immediately noticed a difference.
By Anonymous
there’s no way you noticed a 6% increase to your base item discovery. you just got lucky
By Anonymous
Yeah, you would have to invest at least 30 points and even then.
By Bladesinger24
Noticed I had the discovery up icon when erdleaves started falling, and it disappeared when the leaves stopped
Makes me wonder if other weather events have an effect on your character
By Azareis
Posts Avatar
I was about to comment and say that if they did, we would see a buff icon for that. But then I thought about it and remembered that in DS2 when you get wet from rolling into water pots, you would get an increase in resistance to fire damage while your character is visibly still wet, without showing any buff icon. Anyone who's interested in testing this out should probably start there. When it rains, look at your stats for fire resistance, maybe also lightning resistance. Though if there is an effect, it's also possible for it to be not reflected on the stat screen, so you'd probably need to take damage to be sure, if nothing is visible.
By Azareis
Posts Avatar
Came back here to add that rain (and being wet in general) DOES impact your stats, as I had suspected, though there is no buff icon. Normally I have 24.416 fire dmg negation and 24.986 lightning dmg negation, but when it was raining those changed to 31.975 and 17.484 respectively. If the same thing is true of enemies, then that means lightning has a slight advantage during rain, and fire has a slight disadvantage.
By Anonymous
Can be increased with arcane and silver/gold-pickled crow feet
By Anonymous
No, only silver feet. Gold increases runes.
By Anonymous
any gear that increases this? The damn chicken paws are so annoying to farm......
By Anonymous
Silver tear mask helps
By Azareis
Posts Avatar
Even if there is, you'd still want to make use of pickled feet. I keep a shortbow upgraded and on hand for hunting & utility, and just kill every bird I see since I need their feathers to make fletched arrows anyway. Without actively trying to farm them, or having much Arcane, I have way more of the four-toed feet than I can actually use.
By Azareis
Posts Avatar
As a tip, bows are treated as being pretty much completely silent. Birds will not fly away if you kill other birds immediately adjacent to them by shooting them with a bow.
By Anonymous
Chicken paws. I love it! xD ����
By Anonymous
Descoberta aumenta a chance de vir inimigos dos olhos dourados?
By Anonymous
Marais Mask also increases discovery by 1, granted is almost nothing.
By Anonymous
Silver Tear Mask does a bit better with its arcane boost.