- Fri May 20, 2022 5:25 pm
Ok for those who just started the game and don't know what to do yet, as well as not having prior knowledge about souls game. These options are not really game-changers, their usefulness is mediocre and all of them can be found later in the game, some probably become more useful once you know what to do with it. But for the sake of pure practicality, here's my opinion on each of these items:
- Crimson medallion - Quite useless because it only meagerly increases your max hp which doesn't impact your early-game because you start with very low hp anyways, there are upgraded versions of this talisman which can be found later you might be keen of using instead
- Lands between runes - One of the higher tier because you are able to level-up a bit earlier and buy stuffs from Kale that can give you an edge in exploration, crafting and equipment stats
- Golden Seed - Despite the fact that there will be a cap to how many flasks you can keep, an extra flask at the very beginning makes quite a difference especially if you're a caster or simply dying too much while learning to the surrounding enemies
- Fanged-imp ashes - Mid tier. When you get your bell-bearing, the lone-wolves ashes proves to be more effective, I know more skillful players can make better use of the imps, but you won't find them very reliable fighting strong mobs or bosses.
- Cracked pots - Mid tier, I doubt any new player will find an immediate use for throwing pots. By the time they do, there should be other ways to get them without getting regretful about not picking them as keepsakes.
- Stonesword key - Low tier. The item itself is useful, but most people will be drawn to use it on the Fringefolk hero cave at the very beginning and this area isn't friendly with low-level starters and might find it very frustrating to explore. By the time they're ready, they should stock at least several of them to get through the statues
- Bewitching branch - Mostly useless early game mainly because of its consumable status, there's a very good chance ppl will waste it or simply don't know what to do with it, even in later stages of the game, the use of this item is very optional
- Boil prawn - Low tier, same reason as the above, there's a merchant you can buy this indefinitely later anyways
- Shabriri's woe - Low tier, single players may have no use for it. It can draw aggro to you if you're playing with friend, but this isn't really something anyone think of when they just start the game by themselves