Discuss the latest Dark Souls Title!

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Souls: 26,905.00
Wiki Edits: 41
Last update we had I had made a thread of a community list of found changes. It was only meant to be a small informational thread but it blew up. So I figured i'd do the same thing for this regulation update. The post will be broken down into 3 sections. The first will be of the official notes in case you have missed them or if for a frame of reference. The next will be a list of things that are confirmed to have changed. And the last section will be a list of claims made that need to be tested. Said things will be removed from the list once they have been proven right or wrong. And unlike last time I will be testing things myself as well. I take no credit for all these findings. I found them in various threads/videos on the internet.

List of changes dictated by the official patch notes:
  • All dagger weapons have increased critical damage.
  • Dark Sword: reduced weapon efficiency.
  • Anri’s Straight Sword: reduced scaling effects.
  • Wolnir’s Holy Sword: added faith scaling and adjusted weapon efficiency accordingly.
  • Crescent Moon Sword: added intelligence scaling and adjusted weapon efficiency accordingly.
  • Morne’s Great Hammer: added faith scaling and adjusted weapon efficiency accordingly.
  • Lothric’s Holy Sword: added faith scaling and adjusted weapon efficiency accordingly.
  • Yorshka’s Spear: increased FP damage effects.
  • Scholar’s Candlestick: reduced sorcery-strengthening properties.
  • Demon’s Fist: reduced weight.
  • Greatsword of Judgement: increased attack power.
  • Heysel’s Pick: increased intelligence scaling.
  • All shield-piercing weapons: added shield-piercing properties to regular attacks.
  • All Skills that enchant a weapon with special properties: extended length of effect.
  • Obscuring Ring: increased distance at which ring takes effect.
  • Hornet Ring: adjusted efficiency.
  • Black Serpent: adjusted tracking.
  • Lightning Stake: now requires 1 attunement slot.
  • Magic Barrier/Great Magic Barrier: extended length of effect.
  • Divine Pillars of Light: increased attack power.
  • White Dragon Breath: reduced stamina consumption.
  • All Bug Pellet items: extended length of effect.
  • Addressed other game balance issues and fixed other flaws.

List of confirmed changes:
  • Demon fist weight went from 8.0 to 5.5.
  • Scholar's candle stick went from a 20% increase to a 12.5% increase.
  • Great sword of judgment's WA buff now lasts 35 seconds.
  • Yorshka's WA buff now lasts 45 seconds and does 8-11 FP per hit even through shields.
  • Eleonora WA buff now lasts 25 seconds.
  • Firelink GS WA buff now lasts 45 seconds.
  • Lorian's GS WA buff now lasts 45 seconds.
  • Profaned GS WA buff now lasts 45 seconds.
  • Butcher knife WA buff now lasts 25 seconds.
  • Bloodlust WA buff now lasts 45 seconds.
  • Dragonslayer sword spear WA buff now lasts 35 seconds.
  • Pontiff grest scythe WA buff now lasts 30 seconds.
  • Magic/great magic barrier lasts 45 seconds now. 63 with lingering +2.
  • all bug pellets last 120 seconds now.
  • Most daggers are at 120 critical now.
  • Dagger/mail breaker are 140 critical now.
  • Corvian now 115 critical.
  • Wolnir's holy sword at +5 now has C in STR E in dex and C in faith.
  • Lothric's holy sword at +5 still has D/C for STR/dex but now has E in faith.
  • Crescent Moon sword at +5 now has C in dex and D in INT.
  • Anri's SS lost some damage. But not much.
  • great sword of judgment does more damage. letter scaling the same.
  • Dark sword lost some damage.
  • Black serpent now has much more tracking and almost double the distance it can go before disappearing.
  • White dragon breath now costs significantly less stamina to cost. 40-60 stamina per use now.
  • The shield pierce note is misleading. R1's on those weapons (barring things like scythes of course) still don't shield pierce. However aside from weapon art piercing those weapons can now pierce shields with heavy attacks as well.
  • Heysel's pick's spell buff scales all the way to 60 int now.
  • Obscuring ring now requires you to be a foot or 2 farther away before you disappear. Not a huge nerf thankfully.
  • Spin slash for both single and dual wield curved swords have been nerfed.
  • Hornet ring...oh boy. So it's not a flat 30% regardless of stats etc. Actually. The damage increase you get from the hornet ring now relies on several factors. infusion, weapon upgrade level, wether you are back stabbing or riposting, AND the weapon specifically.
  • The weapons that were given faith scaling in this patch do NOT do split damage.
  • You can't insta bleed someone with the wardens R1 into full WA anymore. It's still possible to do the onkiri bleed combo though.
  • Divine pillars of light does about 100 more damage.
  • Parrying takes longer to recover from across the board.
  • Dark sword nerfed by about 5%
  • Anri's SS nerfed by about 8%

List of claims needing to be tested:
  • Blessed weapon's regeneration seems to have been doubled. and it has a different visual effect now.
  • rapiers might have gotten an increase to criticals.

If you have tested anything yourself feel free to post it in this thread. I won't require a screenshot or video but it would be highly preferred. I'm also willing to test anything people want within reason. Remember this thread is to serve as a mega thread of information. I'm not doing this to make first claims on the changes. Merely trying to get all the information in one easy to access thread. I will regularly update this thread today and the next few days as I come across new information and/or if people correct anything on the list.
Last edited by BWO_RazrSrorm on Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:47 am, edited 14 times in total.
A perfect evening involves pizza, some tea, some bros, and dark souls.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 372,799.49
Bank: 8,785.71
Wiki Edits: 31072
Great thread! I'll link on twitter and wiki page :)

If you could please edit the wiki with the new values for weapons <3
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Fexelea wrote:Great thread! I'll link on twitter and wiki page :)

If you could please edit the wiki with the new values for weapons <3

I'll edit the wiki pages myself later tonight providing someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Agurzil

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 167.00
Bank: 16,306.00
Wiki Edits: 710
There is also this thread on reddit posted by another user here.

I'm gonna take a quick peek at crescent moon sword, wondering if they left it just as it was, because it could pierce shields with R2s already... (not to be confused with magic chip damage)
Man takes up the sword to protect the small injuries that burdened his heart, on a distant day beyond his memories.
Man wields the sword to die with a smile on his face, on a distant day beyond his dreams.

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Agurzil wrote:There is also this thread on reddit posted by another user here.

I'm gonna take a quick peek at crescent moon sword, wondering if they left it just as it was, because it could pierce shields with R2s already... (not to be confused with magic chip damage)

Yeah i've seen that thread already. Haven't added some information from that page yet because I want to do some testing of my own on it. Like the section that lists the attacks that go through shields now I want to actually add damage numbers to that for my post. And some other things on there i'd plain just like to confirm myself.

Agurzil

Insomniac
Sinner

I have taken a quick peek at the crescent moon sword, in my opinion they butchered the weapon. They lowered the physical scaling from +119 bonus damage from base str, 40 dex to +82 bonus damage from base str, 40 dex. I currently have 30 int on that build which gives me an additional 34 magic damage. That is a lowering of damage from 403 (261 + 142 phys/mag) to 400 with the same stats. The crescent moon sword is now a 40/40 dex/int weapon, but a crappy one at that. Why you ask? Because it's an almost evenly split phys/magic weapon now, same as any other weapon you put crystal/simple infusion on. The only good thing about this curved sword was exactly that it dealt mainly physical damage, but enough magic damage to chip away at the precious few shield users. Now it's just a crystal weapon with damn short reach and a projectile WA that never hits lol.

I am unsure how exactly the projectile scales now, I assume it still scales of total AR, which now scales with dex and int.

edit: I may have been a bit hasty bashing this weapon. I have compared it with other shotels on a crystal and on a sharp path, the results are ... interesting.
They changed the scaling from STR/DEX/INT E/A/- to -/C/D, but kept the requirements to wield it. With a base damage of (still!) 142/142 at max upgrade, this weapon has more total AR than any other shotel without scaling factored into it. It has lower magic scaling than a crystal shotel weapon, but higher dex scaling (no str scaling though). Kind of confused what niche this weapon might fill. Low level invading? Or is it now a sorcerer's best friend?
Man takes up the sword to protect the small injuries that burdened his heart, on a distant day beyond his memories.
Man wields the sword to die with a smile on his face, on a distant day beyond his dreams.

Plouto777

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 4,982.00
So does that mean that it is better in a 40/- build instead of a 18/50?

Agurzil

Insomniac
Sinner

It is probably best on a 40/40 dex/int build. Still, kind of confused on what kind of build could use such a weapon. 40 int is not enough to do real magic. maybe a spellblade? @TSMP come take a look at the crescent moon sword please!

Achtpuntzes

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 9,768.01
i tested dagger riposte with hornet/flynns on a undead worker, my sl38 dex +5 weap guy did almost 1400 damage! more then i ever seen on that build.

then i tried Dragonslayer Axe same buid, as it was the highest damage riposting weapon on that build before the patch, but i couldnt see total damage as i killed the undead worker in the first animation with 159 damage. well, thats new, before the patch the first animation did 147 and another 1160 on the second. does that mean they buffed hornet ring? or did they change critical damage of hornet into weapon class and the axe class just got Lucky?
sl59 faith guy +8
sl42 luck guy +6
sl38 dex guy +5
sl20 +3
sl1 +2
no meta build

Sidney_Losstarot

Souls: 20,101.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 2143
BWO_RazrSrorm wrote:Wolnir’s Holy Sword: added faith scaling and adjusted weapon efficiency accordingly.
Crescent Moon Sword: added intelligence scaling and adjusted weapon efficiency accordingly.

Yes !!
Thank you !!
This are the two Weapons for which i had some complaints about....
Now that they'll have a Faith and Int scaling i'll resume my Dex/Faith and Dex/Int builds