Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
This deals so much posture damage that I am afraid of what would came off if it could be used by heavier weapon types
By Anonymous
The heavy attack from using this ash knocks rune bears down in 2 hits and dragons in 3. For instance humble straight sword it's pretty good. It is also good at knocking off mounted units.
By Anonymous
This AoW is pretty good for early game, I managed to destroy the Warden Duelist in Murkwater with no upgrades on my broadsword and any stat investment because of this AoW, the Heavy Thrust Attack covers a good distance and has a lot of poise damage.
By Anonymous
Does L2+R2 benefit from spear talisman?
By Anonymous
Opinions re: Square Off vs. Flame of the Redmanes for breaking stance? Compared to Square Off R2, FotR deals the same poise damage, only costs 2 more FP, and is much easier to land. I think Square Off R2 comes out quicker but does that outweigh the advantages of FotR?
By Anonymous
I prefer Flame of the Redmanes overall. The speed difference is more than compensated by the fact FotR has obscenely long range and can hit multiple enemies.
By Anonymous
fotr has range. that alone seals the deal
By Anonymous
Flame is nice and all if you’re looking to stance break. Bit weird how a flame does it and looks odd to me but it’s nice. Square off makes you feel like you’re fighting though. Great two different moveset for distance and close. It’s one of the best imo
By Anonymous
Flame of the Redmanes is more effective, but this is a lot more fun to use imo
By Anonymous
Lmao you can put BHS on any weapon class but can't put square off on greatswords which was in ds3. Cool
By Anonymous
Reject Elden Ring
Return to Dark Souls 3
By Anonymous
For PvP yes.
By Anonymous
Regular R1s for weak enemies, weapon art R1s for stance break, weapon art R2 for a surprisingly good range roll catch and/or stagger... this ash of war makes the straight sword the best weapon class in the game as long as you have FP. Most versatility of any weapon and damage and stagger that rival even colossals.
By Anonymous
I liked this ash of war, but it's sadly locked to straight swords - personally feel if this ash of war was available for other weapon types, they'd open up some interesting builds for PVE/PVP.
By Anonymous
Does anyone know if it can do stamina damage to the great fingerprint shield when used with the guard-boosting talisman?