Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
Don't be too harsh on holy. It's the best non-lethal damage type in Elden Ring
By Anonymous
Really hope that DLC bosses and enemies are resistant to all elemental damage types except holy and poison so other people can feel the pain of us holy faith players.
By Anonymous
Really hope that DLC bosses and enemies are resistant to all elemental damage types except holy and poison so other people can feel the pain of us holy faith players.
By PKCSUSER
Posts Avatar
so if i'm correct, the game punishes you for using holy, out of all the remembrance bosses, only 1 boss is weak to holy, the rest are either resistant or straight immune.

bruh
By Anonymous
Whenever looking at the holy damage rating of a weapon just divide it by 2 to find the equivalent AR.
By Anonymous
It wouldn't be so useless if enemies had lore accurate resistance to it. Lichdragon fortissax is strong against holy which makes zero sense.
By PKCSUSER
Posts Avatar
make is passively heal you, then i'll use it
By Anonymous
excellent for death birds. and uh. thats it. hope every is enjoying the new damage type!!
By Anonymous
Worst damage type. Only good against enemies that you can just kill with anything else anyway.
By Anonymous
Everyone complains that Holy sucks against bosses. And that's largely true. But it's still good against 80% of regular enemies, which is the majority of gameplay.
Are you guys just using one weapon for the entire game, for every situation?
Wtf? That's boring as hell.
Use more than one weapon, damn.
By Anonymous
If there isn't a reason I should use it then I won't use it. Until the devs give me a reason to use an inferior toy why would I play with the others.
By Anonymous
Yes, because these games have a history of **** upgrade systems that punish you for not sticking to one or two early weapons until the end by depriving you of upgrade materials, and Elden Ring is hardly different. If an innate holy weapon such as the Winged Scythe is just as effective against most enemies as a non-holy one but also turns almost all mandatory bosses into unenjoyable slogs, and using both at once at their reasonable levels requires tons of grinding, then what's the point of ever using the holy one at all?