Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
I still think he’s hot i do not care ! Lmfao
By Anonymous
I don't know if this is common knowledge but it isn't explicitly explained here and it is relevant to anyone doing a NG+? playthrough. I did Varre's quest before 1.06 and my first priority in starting my first NG+ last week was to head straight to Altus plateau right after I killed Godrick to get the giant crusher because the chest was bugged and empty for the entirety of my first playthrough. I also went to writheblood ruins for a third great-stars and the red NPC invasion sigil allowed me to invade and kill Magnus. I wasn't playing offline and I hadn't spoken to Varre outside the rose church before invading Magnus. I didn't interact with any grace checkpoints at Altus plateau while I was there.
The interesting bit is I spoke to Varre at rose church earlier and he gave me festering finger or whatever. I switched to offline play on start-up and reloaded I hadn't invaded any players but Varre acted like I had followed the steps of his quest and the three invasions and he gave me the pureblood knights medal.
This means anyone on a + playthrough can quickly and easily get access to the fat coinpurse rune farm down the hill from the palace approach ledge-road grace.
By Anonymous
Killing the 3 white mask Invaders let me skip the varre invasion and loot him after dialogue.
By Anonymous
"You can also kill Irina"
That's not called kill, bro. That's called murder.
By Anonymous
No maiden? :(
By Anonymous
You don't have to best Magrit. It's just down to do anything that unlocks the keep. For example, going off the bridge by the Crone and getting to that region north of the starting area
By Anonymous
when he said he liked my scream and called me his lambkin i BLUSHED
By dkftmemr
The former version said that Varre may have killed our maiden, but this is very unlikely. During his quest, tarnished originally have to kill their own maiden to prove their loyalty to Mohgwyn. But Varre alters this rule because the player has no maiden - which makes it super easier. (I mean, player would not join / betray Varre that easily if they have to kill Melina, right?) There is no reason for him to get his hands dirty at all - why kill a maiden when he can just make someone do it instead? Also, Varre is not even close to our dead maiden, those two places are a thousand miles away. Plus, Melina also immediately knows you are maidenless, did Melina also kill our maiden?
We don't need to have a headcanon on the wiki page, other infos are canon-based, but that part was just an imagination. So I edited that part, if someone is wondering why the paragraph has been removed.
By dkftmemr
The former version said that Varre may have killed our maiden, but this is very unlikely. During his quest, tarnished originally have to kill their own maiden to prove their loyalty to Mohgwyn. But Varre alters this rule because the player has no maiden - which makes it super easier. (I mean, player would not join/betray varre so easily if they have to kill Melina, right?) There is no reason for him to get his hands dirty at all - why kill himself when he can just make someone kill instead? Also, Varre is not even close to our dead maiden, those two places are a thousand miles away. Plus, Melina also immediately knows you are maidenless, did Melina also kill our maiden?
We don't need to have a headcanon on the wiki page, other infos are canon-based, but that part was just an imagination. So I edited that part, if someone is wondering why the paragraph has been removed.
By Hirotoro
Posts Avatar
Why kill himself? You mean "why kill her himself"

Two different meanings based on the lack of a single word
By Anonymous
they still dont mention the bravo gesture early on in his quest. you get it by reading a message in Varres original location after killing a shardbearer, but BEFORE talking to him at the church of blood. if you progress his quest there the message disappears and the gesture is lost for the cycle. a good gesture too.