Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
Beat her at level 125 with giant-crusher and prelate inferno dual wield, plus my trusty summon tiche, was pretty fun but quite challenging, took me 4 hours to win till i had a brain, right after defeating her i decided to beat the final boss and now i feel quite empty, any way, thank you elden ring! pretty fun game over all...
By Anonymous
If you want to stay at level 150, she becomes really hard at NG+X (i'm at +3), so even if I never used summons, I used a mimic tear to pass it and just spammed flame of the redmane, on an executionner greataxe (she's weak to fire), pretty effective, and although a bit cheesy, it really was a pain killer.
By Anonymous
I am the best elden ring player of all time
I am a God
By PKCSUSER
Posts Avatar
PKCS man is better
By Anonymous
The real fight is against her hyperarmor
By Anonymous
just light roll. its legal bhs afterall. outspacing waterfowl has never been so easy.
By Anonymous
The new light roll in the recent Aug '22 update lets you easily back roll away from that annoying *** multi-slash attack. No need to roll forward now.
By RashtorNesmarck
Posts Avatar
PSA to all Hosts and Co-operators out there on Malenia:
If some people besides yourself are meleeing Malenia, please don't spam Dragon Breath spells unless she does Scarlet Aeonia.
We can't see for ****ing jackshit. And we don't make ourselves responsible if Malenia aggroes you and decides to Waterfowl you in the face while you're animation locked.
Yours sincerely, all melee players.
By Anonymous
This is one fight I completely gave up on winning 1-on-1. In the end, I rushed her down with I and Mimic both using +9River of Blood, the only boss I have ever used the weapon for. Unlike other fights I used spirits in, the combat itself felt GOOD, instead of frustrating. It was super enjoyable trading blows with her. Even the passive healing was a good point in my opinion; it basically turned the fight into semi-Sekiro, where her health was treated more like 'posture points' or something similar; if you're continually out fighting her it keeps decreasing, while If you're getting owned then it heals back. My problem with it was the Waterfowl Dance, which put so much pressure on me that I can't think about anything else. I guess it does lend credit to her being 'undefeated'; you'd have to be, with that move and passive healing... I'd still give the fight high points overall; Malenia felt so different from literally every other bosses (to me); I used dual daggers, so every bosses thus far were 'dodge until you find an opening and hit them, repeat', because I'm not staggering any of them, ever. With Malenia, we're basically swinging at the same speed, and getting stagger equally easily. The other fights similar to this were the ones against the Black Knife Assassins.
By Anonymous
Enough salt in these comments to make a potato chip brand.
By Anonymous
Enough salt on every bosses wiki profile lol but that’s modern society for you. Can’t beat this one, I mean can’t eat just one. I’m addicted to fighting her and glad it helps fellow Tarnish along the way. ~Eros~
By Anonymous
In my honest opinion I feel like the fight would be more enjoyable if waterfowl were a tad bit easier to dodge not by too much but a bit I'm fine with the healing and her aggressiveness but I just can't do waterfowl maybe if it was a tad bit slower so you could outrun it better or she just didn't travel as far would make the fight much more enjoyable
By Anonymous
I completely agree with you on the waterfowl thing. It put so much pressure on me that I can't think about anything else. I was perfectly enjoying the fight before she broke out that move.
By Anonymous
Corpse piler got nerfed in the latest update right? Is Rivers of Blood still great against Malenia?
By Anonymous
She's weakest to Fire of any of the damage types, Bleed is still very good against her even if she's actually weaker to Frostbite, and there are plenty of openings where you can hit her directly with the melee portion of the blade safely. As long as you're paying attention and don't go for the three-hit follow-up in melee when it isn't safe, you still have a very strong, very effective weapon that is mostly the same as before.

The one real thing you have to look out for is the roundhouse kick that she uses to break out of combos and infinites. It has... to my knowledge, at least, unlimited hyperarmor, and since the blood slashes themselves aren't as effective as staggering anymore, you lose out on the weapon's absurd range pre-nerf, and thus might have to worry more often about it landing. The attack itself does pretty low damage for this point in the game, but it has basically infinite poise damage, and its hitstun can directly true combo into some of her other, fastest follow-ups if she rolls them. Regardless it's a bad disadvantaged state to be in.
By Anonymous
I just beat her with the nerves RoB and tiche summon. You need to get right on her like you are striking her normally for the RoB to be useful. The damage and bleed scaling outside the range of your weapon won't slow her down. You gotta crowd her and then back off when she gets ready to counter.
By Anonymous
The combat information's tips and strategies for Malenia recommends anyone finding her exceptionally difficult should consider a respec so they can use ROB. But I've just noticed that Mohg's sacred spear and Morgott's cursed sword aren't mentioned at all as being viable or otherwise to use against her. I got the sacred spear and cursed sword from their respective remembrances but before I respec so I can use them in NG+ I'm hoping anyone who has used either weapon to beat Malenia or anyone who found them a bad choice for this fight will reply with their experience of using them against her.