Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki
By Anonymous
no comment?
By Anonymous
The boss fight music is so good!
By Anonymous
i have a weird bit of lore i dont think anyone else has heard about. what if this IS ornstein, or at least, his body? okay okay i hear you but hear me out! according to Vaati it was Gwynevere who settled Heides tower of flame, and who was her protecter? sworn to guard the princess? Ornstein! but then, who is in the cathedral of Anor Londo? and why do i think Ornstein is dead? well i think in Anor Londo it is an illusion made by Gwyndolin, and i think it is Ornsteins dead body because, it fights like him and shares the same armor and weaponry. but the old dragonslayer also uses dark magic. see where im going? sometime between DS1 and DS2 Ornstein died and they tried to revive him, creating a hungry monster bent on blood but still guarding what he thinks is the cathedral!
By Anonymous
This is a good theory, but again, it seems to be a theory, and not a fact of lore, which is likely why you're getting downvoted.
By Anonymous
Cool idea but to say "dragons don't have souls" is downright wrong. We get several of them after all from dragon bosses. My personal canon is its simply someone who trained with and took inspiration from Orn much like how the Alonne Knights were essentially created by Sir Alonne.
By Anonymous
literally orenstein with purple particle effects 10/10 boss
By Anonymous
I think it is Orenstien but out of odd conclusion. So we know in DS3 its heavily implied that he followed to archdragon peak. What we see in ds2 is his "souless" body that he left in meditation to join the dragons. Now why does the old corpse has the soul ? Because Dragons have no souls so Orenstien left it. Leaving his mind and consciousness to join the dragons and letting his soul and body to be left, corrupted by time.
By Anonymous
P.S- I guess it's another reason to belive he indeed became either King of the storm or the Ancient Wyvern
By Anonymous
‘Let’s take a famous and beloved boss fight from 1, remove one of the bosses and a second phase, and change the color/element of damage.’ ‘That’s great, Jeff. Any other ideas?’ ‘Well, further down on my list for boss ideas I’ve got Jabba the Hutt, three NPC’s, a group of random enemies, three identical enemies, and a mohawk rat. Plus I figure we can do repeats or just change the colors. Players won’t notice that.’
By Anonymous
"Jabba the Hutt, three NPC’s, a group of random enemies, three identical enemies, and a mohawk rat."

Sounds like Bloodborne bosses.
By Anonymous
No devs said that, probably they wanted to give chill.
By Anonymous
Are you describing Dark Souls 2 or Elden Ring, lol.
By Anonymous
It's an easter egg boss, dude, what's your point?
By Anonymous
When Ornstein listens to Palpatine and kills mushroom younglings.
By Anonymous
I play it on Switch and just managed to kill them both yesterday solo XD after 20 tries
By Anonymous
I think Old Dragonslayer is similar to the Dragonslayer Armour in DS3. Its just Ornstein's armor animated by something else (in this case, the abyss).
By Anonymous
Batshit insane DS2 fans be complaining about the fan service in DS3 then you've got this copy and pasted mofo over here.
By Anonymous
Batshit insane ds3 fan coming here just to diss ds2
By Anonymous
Comparing DS3's level of fanservice to Dark Ornstein is a wee silly, maybe even batshit insane.