Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Anonymous
No coop playing in legacy dungeons? It not worked in beta test.
By Anonymous
Maybe the outside world is the real dungeon and the people inside the dungeon are actually free.
By Anonymous
BUILDING A PRISON AROUND THE WHOLE WORLD! NOW I'M THE ONLY FREE ONE! CHAOS CHAOS!!
By Anonymous
What is this, the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
By Anonymous
^The Outer Gods are speaking through pieces of Vogon poetry. No wonder everyone goes insane.
By Anonymous
I don't think Miyazaki was talking about Castle Morne when he talked about "Legacy Dungeons". If you include that, then you have to include things like the Carian Manor and the Shaded Castle. There are supposedly six major dungeons called Legacy Dungeons, of which one is Stormveil Castle. Raya Lucaria Academy too, and then both Volcano Manor and Leyndell, Royal Capital should be here. I haven't been to either Crumbling Farum Azula or to the Haligtree, but I have a sneaking suspicion that those belong on this list as well.
By Anonymous
there's definitely more than just this
By Anonymous
Legacy Dungeons seem to kill about 20-25% of the runes you had on death when you reclaim them as well. This happens in Stormveil and the Academy, at least. I haven't checked Morne or anything else just yet.
By Anonymous
It's actually only in stormviel castle. there's someone in the castle stealing your runes and you can kill them.
By AbysswalkerCiri
It only happens in Stormveil. The NPC that offers to open the castle gate is taking 30% of your runes after every death. You can get them all back by killing him after beating Godrick.
By Anonymous
In Stormveil, this is because of Gostoc: "He will actually steal 30% of your runes every time you die in the castle, even if you enter it through the main gate." Not sure why the same would be happening in the Academy.
By Anonymous
kill the guy at the beginning of stormveil who tells you to go the back way, he drops the missing souls
By Anonymous
killing him however means you cant buy a limited Titanic Slab (whatever the Elden Souls equivalent) from him later in the game.
By Anonymous
killing him however means you cant buy a limited Titanic Slab (whatever the Elden Souls equivalent) from him later in the game.
By Anonymous
Yeah its not due to the the dungeon thingy, but Gostoc seems to be bugged. I traveled back to the starting area (the one w the spider), got killed twice and instead of 14k souls i ended up with 8k souls. They somehow ****ed up the specifics to where he should steal runes.
By Dickkickem1989
Where did the "Legacy Dungeon" terminology come from? I haven't seen it in-game
By Anonymous
It's meant to say that these dungeons are like older dark souls areas, with winding paths and similar structures. They're different from the large and vast open world areas or the small, maze-like catacombes and caves.
By AbysswalkerCiri
It has been used by Fromsoft themselves in their promotional material as a way to separate these dungeons from the smaller dungeons (e.g. catacombs).
By Anonymous
I was personally referring to them as Main Boss Dungeons, but Legacy works seeing as not all of them are related to a Main Boss.
By Anonymous
It was used by Fromsoft in at least one of their trailers for the game
By Anonymous
Castle Morne shouldn’t be anywhere on this list, regardless of category. It’s smaller than every other dungeon on this list and even most of the general caves and catacombs. It only looks big from the outside but content wise it’s literally two hallways and a boss fight. So disappointing after seeing how massive it is from outside.
By Anonymous
Sounds like someone isn't very good at exploring. Hell, even if you make a beeline straight for the boss, it's a lot more than "two hallways and a boss fight".
By Anonymous
A field of enemies, a hallway, a rooftop with 3 enemies, climb a ladder to another roof with a dozen enemies or so. Drop down and theres another roof, we can call a hallway, with 2 enemies, then 2 flying enemies. From here you can skip a bit, but assuming you enjoy the game and dont wanna do that, theres a ladder on your right with 2 enemies, and on your left with 6 or so. This marks the half way point or so. You either suck at exploring or are a liar. I agree its nothing like a legacy dungeon but its certainly.l not 2 halls.
By Anonymous
It’s a decent taste of what is to come imo. It’s like baby’s first stormveil
By Anonymous
Legacy dungeon is where the real content is at, no mimic tear or NPC summons your way out, it's a foot slog with traps and ambushes. Amazing use of vertical space to showcase the great visuals and exploration, my favorite part of the game.
By Anonymous
Almost as if the open world was a step backwards for the souls format...
By Anonymous
It's so confusing people (including From marketing) decided to call these "dungeons" despite the fact most of these are not dungeons. It makes it unnecessarily confusing
By Anonymous
JRPG language, any hostile area that is enclosed from the rest of the map is considered a dungeon.
By Anonymous
Honestly this categorisation is a bit misleading. Stromveil is such an amazing area that the entire game I waited for the 2nd legacy dungeon and never felt like I got to one.
By Anonymous
Have you tried playing the rest of the game?
By Anonymous
I agree with you tbh, the capital if you count the underground is a nice size but the rest are lack luster in loot and size
By Anonymous
Dont be silly.. Raya Lucaria and Lyndell was both pretty good locations too. The vulkano mannor was not that good but also had its moments..
By Anonymous
this really does feel like it's from somebody that hadn't finished the game. Leyndell, the Academy, Miquella's Haligtree, Farum Azula! Are all of comparable, or better, quality