Comments from our Elden Ring Wiki
By Rads
Posts Avatar
Melina in Polish means den, joint or a dump.
By Anonymous
in italian means "little apple", what gives? :'D
By Anonymous
Theory Time:
Having now seen the new CG trailer, definitely seems to be implied that Melina here may be some spirit messenger or catalyst being used by the character seen in said trailer. Having said that, I'm going to speculate a bit and say that the new character seen in the trailer is Queen Marika, especially when considering the fact that she along with everyone else in her bloodline has multiple limbs and white hair. In turn I feel the reason Melina wishes us to take her to the Erdtree is due to it either containing the Elden Ring or Queen Marika herself who has either been in hiding or locked away. As it seems that fighting the Queen's various offspring is a common occurrence, I'm going to agree with what others have said and that, while not fighting Melina in the form we see her here, we could be fighting Queen Marika once the catalyst that is Melina is reunited with her. Something else of note, while Melina's etymology is a bit in the air, having done some digging perhaps the name is even hinting at deception given something I found in a forum when doing some research while trying to find a meaning behind Melina "The only etymological dictionary that quotes the word (melina) is the one by Bańkowski, who doesn't really know the origin, and writes "maybe from "mylina" (mylić = to deceive")."
By Anonymous
A funny thing is that melina is also a slang term for a place or den frequented by drunkards and also for a hiding place. "Zamelinowa�� si��" also means to hide somewhere.
By Anonymous
is the voice actress rosie day? she sounds very similar to meteion from final fantasy 14: endwalker
By Anonymous
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that, I normally have a knack for recognizing voice actors. And I'm 99% sure it's her, as Melina's voice sounds very similar to Meteion's post bad **** happening because she drops her vocal register a smidge.
By Anonymous
THANK YOU. I can't find anything about it but I immediately thought it was her esp3cially having just played through endwalker
By Anonymous
The voice actress for Melina is Martha Mackintosh. She is Yorshka from DS3 too.
By Anonymous
no sandbag ahead...
vision of sadness
By Anonymous
no sandbag ahead...
vision of sadness
By Anonymous
I'm gonna make this very clear before more people have bought this game:

Melina is officially and legally my wenchfriend.

We have been together since the game's development, and are currently in a very serious and exclusive relationship. Anyone who denies this or refuses to comply is both a stupid and a moron.

And just so you know, and in case you’re still planning to ignore this claim, I know all your addresses and all the basements you maidenless (= virgin) Tarnished hide in. Approach her once and I will be coming to your basements and bringing her with me, and then I will make you watch while we engage in splendid marital affairs so many times that by the time we're finished, the DLC has come. (yes, there is a DLC)

In short, be wary of Melina therefore try celibacy ahead.

PS.
I am very good at driving cars that are much more expensive than yours. So get a horse instead.
By Bardaer
You do know, that horses are more expensive in the long run yes? So I'm by default richer than you and steal your "Wrenchfriend" ;)
By KaijZenal
[Godzilla read this, had a stroke, and hecking died]
By Anonymous
Simptastic friend.
By Anonymous
Braincells evaporate
By Anonymous
Melina > Mileena
By Anonymous
But Mileena is hotter than Melina
By Anonymous
Yall gotta fight the boss first then rest at the bonfire where you respawn
By Anonymous
Outside of the tutorial boss, I've fought no others, yet I just met Melina. I've been just exploring the countryside and saw her when I rested.
By Anonymous
Yall gotta fight the boss first then rest at the bonfire where you respawn
By Anonymous
anyone know what weapon she's using when you summon her as an ally?