Discuss Demon's Souls and the start of the Souls Series
Wiki: Demon's Souls Wiki

BatBoy

Souls: 60.00
Hi guys - any help appreciated. Just started a new game in the last few days (Demon's Souls re-make on the PS5) and during an upgrade of my longsword from +5 to +6, it just disappeared, leaving a non-upgraded one remaining. This occurred, obviously, at the blacksmith. Does anyone know why and whether it's possible to get it back? - I have no idea where or why it disappeared. I just know it took a long time to reach +6 before it vanished.

ElvesRule

Lifetime Subscriber
Souls: 7,595.00
Hi, Batboy. Was it a regular longsword which can go to 10, or the Dragon longsword which can only go to 5? One of the upgrade options is to downgrade a weapon/shield back to level zero using a meltstone. You accidentally picked that. If you had a Dragon longsword plus 5, the only available option is to take it back to zero. Special weapons don’t go above 5.

Always save to the cloud before doing something important so if something goes wrong, reload and save yourself.

Chris65

Souls: 94.00
ElvesRule wrote:Always save to the cloud before doing something important so if something goes wrong, reload and save yourself.

very wise advice, not just for playing