Discuss Demon's Souls and the start of the Souls Series
Wiki: Demon's Souls Wiki

ElvesRule

Lifetime Subscriber
Souls: 7,595.00
I was one of the huddled masses who couldn’t find a PS5 until Feb because I couldn’t beat the scalpers to the few online offerings since Sept. So I didn’t start Demon’s Souls until recently. Of course I played the PS3 original many years ago. Things I’ve noticed:

As is my wont to do, I slap down my blue sign to help others, hundreds of times already in NG. You know how tedious the slog to 4-2 is and how many times I help same host who dies repeatedly? I noticed a couple hosts must be using some kind of hack because when they resummon me all the enemies we killed before have not respawned. So I did some research and sure enough, there is a way to negate death and avoid consequences but it’s not really a hack.

Also, I guess because FromSoft isn’t involved in this version there doesn’t seem to be any banning. People can disconnect easily from invasions and not get the banhammer. Let me hasten to add that almost nobody I’ve played with has done that and I’ve seen many invasions.

Also, I read a trophy guide/roadmap for this new version with different trophies and the author says you can plat in only 2 cycles because you can reload a save file to get all spells and miracles trophies in NG+ because the only reason you need a third play is that a few boss souls are used 3 times, for Freke, Yuria and Urbain. I just beat 4-3 and am about to start endgame in 1-4 so I realized that those triple use boss souls are not evenly distributed. Not only do you not have to go to NG++ for this plat, you can skip a lot. You only have to finish Archstones 2, 3 and 5 twice, quit Archstone 1 after Penetrator and Archstone 4 you can quit after rescuing Urbain. But I’m thinking if you prioritize his miracles in NG, then you can skip Arch 4 altogether in NG+ because none of those boss souls are needed more than once. All you have to be careful about are the rings, which can’t be dropped by a buddy, but all 30 are possible in NG. I only need 2 more, the foe and the one I need the mausoleum key for because I foolishly didn’t kill Ostrava in the beginning.

Is my analysis correct or have I missed a salient fact? The sooner I plat DeS, the sooner I can start my Persona 5 Royal plat journey. 🤔

Chris65

Souls: 89.00
I think you analyzed everything correctly

ElvesRule

Lifetime Subscriber
Souls: 7,595.00
Ok, YAY 👍🤩🥳 I got the plat a few minutes ago. Here’s what I found, despite what the 2 trophy guides I read said:

1) Do every trophy you can on NG because the game is much easier. Do the Mephistopheles quest and Ostrava so you get all rings. Then you only have the all spells & all miracles trophies left.

2) Using the save file reload and you can get both the Maiden in Black rewards. Kill her first time.

3) Use an arch shard to warp back to Nexus once you have Allant’s sword, go forge Northern Regalia and you have it for all of NG+ and it’s a one-shotter. Don’t fall in the Nexus, but warp back to the true Allant dungeon and trigger the Maiden in Black dual choices.

4. Then start NG+. You only have to do Arch 1 up to rescuing Yuria and killing Penatrator. Arches 2, 3 and 5 you have to kill all 3 bosses, but you can ignore Yurt. You only have to kill 4-1 to be able to rescue Urbain again. Use the wall roll trick to bypass 90% of 4-1. Bless Bluepoint for making the roll foolproof this time and not making you remove your entire load out.

5. Then you have enough of the right boss souls to use the save reload method to first get all miracles and then all spells.

NG took me weeks, but 80% was blue duty to level up and get experienced. NG+ took a couple days. I guess I am now forever done with Soulsbourne games, sadly, unless there’s a BB2.

Thanks for the many years I’ve enjoyed the forum/wiki, Fex. 🥰