Discuss Capcom's Monster Hunter Series
Visit the Monster Hunter World Wiki and Monster Hunter Rise Wiki

I'm having problems with "Gold Ecologist's Award". I've done pictures to every Endemic Life in the book and checked the album several times, but still can not unlock it. Any ideas?
It can be very finnicky. They need to be close & clear. Almost too close for some of them. Some like the Arrowfish can be an absolute pain.
It is necessary to take pictures of the fishes as well?? Their names do not appear when you put the camera on them =//

Golga

Souls: 75.00
For the "Gold Ecologist's Award" you need a picture of every small monster, big monster, and andemic life. You dont need fish & apex monster. Wierdlly the last boss is alsow not requiered. A good tricks is to put the pictures inside your hunter's note to track your progression :) Hope that helps! :D
Have you tried going into the Endemic Life section of your Hunter’s Notes? Attaching a picture to each creature makes it very easy to keep track of which monsters you do and don’t have pictures of.
Just a little tip! Save any photos you've taken into your Hunter's Notes if you haven't already. It makes keeping track of things much easier
Fishes are not needed! The problem to me was the ****ing squids X'D
You do NOT need to capture pictures of the small monsters or large monsters. Only the creatures on the Endemic Life category of your notebook. This includes the rare ones from each location, the spiribirds (including the rainbow one often found in arena or rampage quests), and the golden spiribugs
"No. 36 - Senzu hunting decorative votive tablet - Hunt 1000 Large Monsters"
Do monsters killed on Rampage quests count too?
I'm not sure, but I guess not. After all, if you check the hunt counter for each monster, it does not increase, just for the final boss of the rampage. But it'd be nice knowing for sure
Guaranteed: the bunch of monsters that you make run away at the rampage doesn't count for this achievement. Let's make the math: there is an achievement for accomplish 50 rampage quests, more or less you kill 20 monsters every rampage, so 20*50=1000. I just achieved 50 rampages and my monster counter is 397 (both captured and killed); if they did count, I would have unlocked it, but, as I said in my previous comment, every rampage counts x1 (the final boss). So just keep playing ^-^'''
Thanks a lot for clarifying!
Is there something like an ingame counter this time or do you have to count them yourself again?
Also please remember, the two numbers don't add! A lot of people think they do..
but the number on the left is just the total amount of hunts, from which you captured the amount in the brackets.
It’s more than likely a count of every monster hunter, as in those that are captured and killed as tracked in your Hunter’s Notes.
you didn't get the question at all
I guess you are not looking at the number I'm thinking. If you check the monster index, it is as you said about the numbers. BUT, if you check the guild card first page, there you have the proper amount of monsters both killed and captured, so you can add them to get the total.

Lachskaffee

Souls: 50.00
Hello guys. I just want to clear things up... There are no separated numbers to add.
Just look on the left number (doesn't matter, if guild card or monster index).
It behaved like this since MH3 at least. For example..
You get a title for 40 Hunts (kills or captures) for each monster..
In my monster index it says: Great-Wroggi 36(6) .. In the guild card too: Great-Wroggi 36 : 6 ...
I do not own the title for 40 Great-Wroggi Hunts, because the numbers DO NOT ADD.
It just tells you the total amount on the left and the number of captures on the right.
So you have to subtract the captures from the total count and you get the "killed" count.
Anonymous from 30th of April 2021 09:08 is wrong.
Check your activity log in the second page of your guild card, the numbers are separated and they do adds up. If you killed 500 monsters and captured another 500, you will unlock the achievement.

Lachskaffee

Have a nice day, mate. Talking to you really is hopeless.

kaizen400

Souls: 95.00
Lachsaffee you're just plain wrong and you shouldn't be rude to people. Their advice was actually correct and helpful. They where trying to show a simple way of seeing your current hunt number. The guild card acts differently than the index. For this specific achievement you can add the captures and slain together on your guild card to get the number you are at. I know this because I just reached 1000. 274 captures. 726 slain. Which is 1000 hunted. As for the rampages. The monster at the end is the only monster that counts (the one you carve). The ones that are repelled during the course of the rampage don't count. So this is not the most efficient way to go about this achievement. Hope this helps someone considering this achievement.

Lachskaffee

Feel free to explain why I only hunted 3 Bazelgeuse until now and got 3 slain and 2 captured =)

Lachskaffee

Oh, oh!! And why do I have 7 "slain" Rakna-Kadaki and 7 captured, even though I captured EVERY SINGLE ONE?
And why is the capture counter ALWAYS lower as or equal to the slain counter? Please explain.

kaizen400

Lachskaffee. Why is it so hard for you to understand. On page 2 of the GUILD CARD. Not the INDEX. The captures and slain are separated. This is what the other person is referring to. In the context of this quest. This is the quickest way to find the number of HUNTED. Hunted for this quest is the combination of slain and captured on page 2 of the guild card. Is to add the capture and slain on your GUILD CARD. The way you are doing it is inefficient and it's obviously hopeless for you to understand this.

Lachskaffee

Heya, I unlocked a new achievement after the content update today:

No. 39 - "Fan of Ascendancy - The mark of a hunter who has attempted some of the toughest quests around- and won."

I got it for beating the new 6* quest: "Advanced: The Veteran's Gala".
Maybe you get it for completing all 6* Village Quests?
(I got 100% of Village Quests, so I'm not sure)
you only unlock the advanced quest if you complete all other village quests im pretty sure. so youd have to 100% village for it.
No. 43 - Petalace Arrangement Vase: Awarded for obtaining many Petalaces. It fills rooms with a delightful floral aroma.

Obtained this after completing the 2 hub requests the fugen gives after the patch.

Note: I had all other petalaces/petalace upgrades before patch.
No. 42 I obtained it by building some layered armour, I builded 5 'cause I liked a particular set but maybe 1 could be enough

Jesus

Souls: 55.00
thanks for your input, i tested and its 5 layred crafted, added it to the list too
No. 40 I got it from completing all arena quests including the new one from the update (not gonna spoil the monsters) that's a 7* quest
41???
50 arenas... maybe?

kaizen400

Increase all the different Palicoes support types to max level (50). One from each category. The game says various but I didn't get it until one fro, each category was leveled to max.
No. 41 awarded for raising various support-type Palicoes to their maximum levels

kaizen400

For this one. You need to level up each support type to 50. So you must have each palico from each category. Even though it says various. It basically means all. Hope this helps someone.
40 is beating many arena quests. probably you need to complete all the arena quests at least once.

kaizen400

I got this from completing the newest addition to the arena. However it's hard to tell if it's all. As I had all the prior one's completed before the patch. I'd assume you must complete them all at least once in addition to the newest one based on the wording.
13 'Wreath of Honor' this is a bad translation, you must complete 100 optional subquest and not requests. Theses two are REALLY different.