By Anonymous
He can also drop dreaming demon armor
By Anonymous
Whoever designed this guy is eviler than any other Yokai
By Anonymous
Still more of a fair boss fight compared to Malenia in Elden Ring.
By Anonymous
''is safe to block'' ''The best option is to use your guard'' best jokes I have ever read. whoever wrote this must be drunk on rubbing alcohol.
By Anonymous
i mean, with an odachi you can block anything but the ice explosions, the flame explosion and the arena wide lightning strikes... as long as you've put some points into art of defense...
By Anonymous
Don't know why there's a tag that says Against all Comers is the best farm (unless you really want a boss gauntlet after hounded by trash mobs), but for those who want the semi-quickest way of fighting this guy outside of demon scrolls, Rivals Return is the best, because its this guy after fighting Tate Eboshi + minibosses. No other crap from the base game plus prior DLC enemies to contend with.
By Anonymous
the reason against all comers is considered the best is because after getting to him you can start from that checkpoint and fight him directly one on one quickly over and over again without leaving the mission
By Anonymous
You can get to Otakemaru1, kill him, get loot, die to Otakemaru2/Harakiri n you will respawn and enter the arena with Otakemaru1, then repeat
By Anonymous
Pretty sure Dawn of the Demon might be a decent level for farming the guy, you can just speedrun to him and if he doesn't drop what you want, use earthfold and try again right? The mission only ends if you run past him and through another area with a miniboss and then tall waifu yokai Eboshi at the end, in AAC it's obligatory to fight waves of enemies first before reaching a checkpoint to farm him. But I could be wrong of course
By Anonymous
Nah earthfolding doesn't work on DotD, he doesn't respawn
By Anonymous
Good tip bro. I just quit to the menu and reloaded. Fastest method by far
By Anonymous
Can we just appreciate how you will likely need to do this mission at least 9 times to get all of his drops, not counting all the soft resetting to fight the boss over again?

God help you, you need to get double smithing text drops on this nightmare of a boss
By Anonymous
I hate lightning so much