Discuss the latest Dark Souls Title!

WyrmHero

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

Souls: 12,270.00
Bank: 15,827.00
Wiki Edits: 82
For those not following a recent thread I made about poise. Not only you get the same iframes as the fast roll, but you also get to tank hits while rolling. Only works if you have armor on.

Working as intended. :applause:

Fast roll
Watch on youtube.com

Regular roll
Watch on youtube.com

I'm actually very pissed off because my mages all fast roll.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

WyrmHero

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

TSMP wrote:But fastroll gives you more distance, does it not?

Yes only that it seems.

However this only works if you have armor on. Try it while naked, you won't be able to tank hits while you reg-roll. Then try it with some gloves.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

theotherMittens

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 6,146.00
Why call that a glitch? It seems fully intentional, to me.

WyrmHero

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

theotherMittens wrote:Why call that a glitch? It seems fully intentional, to me.

It doesn't work while naked. It's not a feature of the regular roll. As long as you have a piece of armor on, anything, gloves or w/e, it'll work. It's not poise either.

Carphil

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Souls: 2,702.00
Wiki Edits: 6
lol they're forcing bloodborne 2.0

next they'll delete bows because melee is how the game is supposed to be played

I know it's a glitch, it's just a joke
“We wanderers, ever seeking the lonelier way, begin no day where we have ended another, and no sunrise finds us where left by sunset.”
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 45,569.50
Wiki Edits: 565
WyrmHero wrote:
theotherMittens wrote:Why call that a glitch? It seems fully intentional, to me.

It doesn't work while naked. It's not a feature of the regular roll. As long as you have a piece of armor on, anything, gloves or w/e, it'll work. It's not poise either.

That sounds like how people were saying certain hyperarmor weapon arts worked. Like, Stomp would only have the stagger resistance if you had at least 0.1 poise.

Back_like_Flint

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 730.00
Bank: 3,642.00
Wiki Edits: 19
Ummm... Of course fast rolls and mid-rolls have the same amount of iFrames. The difference is the distance traveled, and the amount of Frames in which you are vulnerable during the second half of the roll. You aren't going to gauge the benefits of going under 30% while rolling into a wall, you're purposely making yourself vulnerable. On top of that, none of outside variables are controlled. It probably does take at least 0.1 Poise for you to be able to Poise through attacks during rolls, just like Hyper Armor does. But the difference should be in how many consecutive hits it would take for you to stagger during your rolling animation's vulnerability Frames, not if you can avoid getting staggered at all.

From what I saw, the only way you might roll into a wall endlessly and take a long time to get staggered, during a roll, is with 41+ Poise. The point of Poise has always been to offer resistance, not invulnerability from "breaking form." If you're trying not to get staggered at all, in association with Poise, I doubt you'll find what you're looking for, not without a cheat engine anyways.

WyrmHero

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

TSMP wrote:
WyrmHero wrote:

That sounds like how people were saying certain hyperarmor weapon arts worked. Like, Stomp would only have the stagger resistance if you had at least 0.1 poise.

Also with regular ultra attacks, as long there's 0.1 poise you'll get more hyper armor frames that allow you to tank earlier in the animation.

It's all glitches of armor if you ask me. This game is just broken, I just ejected it from the PS4.

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 15.00
Bank: 71,652.50
Wiki Edits: 14172
Rolling is overpowered.
Shop IconShop Icon