Discuss the latest Dark Souls Title!

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Souls: 26,905.00
Wiki Edits: 41
Disclaimer. I haven't tested any of this. I'm merely posting everything i've read/seen. Will update the page later today if/when I see more. Feel free to leave your own testing/discoveries.

The point of this thread isn't for me to be first on the changes. It's to put all the information in one place so we as a community can see them more easily and/or disprove claims on the internet.

Miracles:
  • Can't stack magic barrier/great magic barrier, tears of denial, and deep protection together anymore. But all other body buffs can stack with eachother regardless of order and you can put on one of the above buffs on with these as well.
  • Lightning stake casts faster and costs 2 more fp (was 34 now 36.)
  • Dory's gnawing/gnawing faster cast speed.
  • Lightning stake has a new animation.
  • Emit force casts faster.
  • Lightning spear casts faster.
  • Great lightning spear casts faster.
  • Sunlight spear casts faster.
  • Lightning storm casts faster.

Sorcery:
  • Farron hail got a new casting animation.

Pyromancy:
  • warmth got a buff to how much HP a second it gives.
  • bursting fireball got a similar change like farron hail.
  • profaned flame explosion delayed. Making you able to use faster pyromancies to time up with the explosion for a spell combo.
  • Chaos bed vestiges casts faster.
  • Boulder heave casts faster.
  • Black serpent casts faster.

FP:
  • weapon arts now require half of the FP it says it needs or more in order to get full benefit/damage from WA's now.
  • The 1fp trick doesn't work anymore but you can still use WA's without FP. The thing that's different now is that you need to have half the required amount of FP in order to gain full effect.

Weapon changes:
  • Estoc takes more stamina to swing then other rapiers when 2 handing. (1 swing difference)
  • All rapier's swing slower now.
  • Dark sword takes more stamina to swing.
  • Fist weapons got a damage buff and an increase to parry recovery frames.
  • Demon fists got a base damage increase and a scaling increase on FTH and INT
  • Claw weapons got damage buffed as well.
  • Fire link Great sword Base damage increase. used to be 119/80 Now is 128/89.
  • Drakeblood went from 83/65/65 base damage to 89/71/71 base damage.
  • Storm ruler went from 110 base damage to 143 base damage.
  • Wolf Knight's Greatsword base damage went from 126 to 139.
  • Flamberge went from 144 base damage to 158 base damage.
  • Onikiri katana's weapon art does more damage and might have super/hyper armor. Further testing required.
  • Gottard twinsword's R1 to L2 combo speed nerfed and increased recovery frames on rolling L1.
  • Parrying dagger has less recovery frames now.
  • Dark hand weapon art got buffed.

Misc changes:
  • Can store up to 600 of all types of arrows. Number you can hold on person has not changed.
  • Jailers robes glitch gone.
  • Host can change covenant items while invaded.
  • Pontiff fog gate moved closer to boss door.
  • Can store 600 of any consumable now.
  • Spell swap animation exploit is gone.

More claims: Straight swords rolling R1's got more recovery time. reports of sorceries doing more damage casting faster and using less stamina. None specified. Emit force may have gotten a damage buff. Fire whip lost tracking.

I also want to take the time to mention that I'm ONLY reading about this stuff. I haven't tested it. So please if I write something that turns out to be false let me know in a comment. The point of this thread isn't for me to be first on the changes. It's to put all the information in one place so we as a community can see them more easily and/or disprove claims on the internet.

MAJOR EDIT~ instead of me writing edit # etc I have changed the last section into "more claims." This is where peoples discoveries will join until I can varify the changes myself or someone else does it. If said things become varified then I will add them to the appropriate sections above. This is to make things cleaner and people have a clear cut distinction between what is true and what hasn't been confirmed. If you are going to disprove anything in the list section please provide either a video or screen.
Last edited by BWO_RazrSrorm on Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 29 times in total.
A perfect evening involves pizza, some tea, some bros, and dark souls.

Noctevent

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 715.00
Seems the patching process is getting more and more efficient at actually fixing the game :) if this keeps going we might have decent PvP and balanced magic before the DLC comes out !

Achtpuntzes

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 9,768.01
i played for an hour (offline, PS4 sever maintainance) after installing the patch and i got some frame rate droppings i have never seen before.
sl59 faith guy +8
sl42 luck guy +6
sl38 dex guy +5
sl20 +3
sl1 +2
no meta build

Agurzil

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 167.00
Bank: 16,306.00
Wiki Edits: 710
Warmth go a buff? Oh god yes, I was so damn disappointed when I figured that 2 days of painful farming on a low level pyromancer earned me the ability to cast a spell that consumed a **** of fp and managed to get me less health back than just jugging an estus. Gonna test out how much it's now.

edit: duration is now 60 seconds, ticks once per second, health regained is significantly more as well. Not sure wether it scales with anything, but at +7 pyro hand, 23/25 int/fth I get 35 health per tick. 60 x 35 = 2100 health regained per cast. Finally, this is actually a good way to manage health for a pyro. More efficient than estus, altough not as fast as a cleric's heal or estus.

woah, they made it ten times as effective as before. I wonder if this holds true for some other things... vow of silence? Mercury?

edit: Bursting fireball now fires in a wide horizontal spread, instead of purely circular. This actually makes it very good to catch sidestepping people. Rolling through it might still be quite good, but sideway rolling might land you in a lingering hitbox. Oh I can't wait...
Last edited by Agurzil on Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Man takes up the sword to protect the small injuries that burdened his heart, on a distant day beyond his memories.
Man wields the sword to die with a smile on his face, on a distant day beyond his dreams.

Kamies

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 3,116.00
Wiki Edits: 213
Caestus and Demon's Fist does approximately 15% more damage. I don't think they changed weapon art of D. Fist any better - looks epic but does poor damage.

Thank you From! I spent like 6 hours yesterday trying to kill Aldrich in my challenge run. Today with patched Demon's Fist it took half an hour :cheers: 15% is a lot.

Too bad now U.I. graphics and notes tell me that 10 strength + knight ring (+5 strength) is not enough to two hand D. Fist (20 strength required.) :lol: It still is and damage proofs it. Though it is weird that one D.Fist is too much to handle one handed but when two handed (both hands gain one D.Fist) no problem. One is too much, two is just right :laughing:

Kaiden

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,252.00
Shame it doesn't sound like any notable sorcery changes then, but miracle buffs were definitely needed.

Achtpuntzes

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 9,768.01
yay, the cast speed of miracles really faster now. that great, just made a low sl cleric! :)

edit;
also the miracles cost less FP. praise the 1.05 patch!
sl59 faith guy +8
sl42 luck guy +6
sl38 dex guy +5
sl20 +3
sl1 +2
no meta build

ChocoboRRR

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: -3,605.00
Long live my build. All those nerf seems only applied for newbie usage. Lol

Here is a tip for newbie that you can use R1 succesfully. Carthus Curved Sword. 2h them and R1, when you hit confirm R1. Don't hesistate to repeat R1 until they managed to rollout. Opponent parry won't help that.

There is many people living on past like the person above. He play like Tom Clansy's the division as level 14 pvp purple gear being against white/green gear/no clue users but in Souls game being. The ego pvpers from Left 4 Dead is back in Dark Souls and shall repeat again that they got embarrassing by casual etc.

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Souls: 26,905.00
Wiki Edits: 41
Kaiden wrote:Shame it doesn't sound like any notable sorcery changes then, but miracle buffs were definitely needed.

Well as I said this is all i've read about so far. The servers are still down for a lot of people. and it's still early.
A perfect evening involves pizza, some tea, some bros, and dark souls.

TallBeardedOne

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 4,131.00
yo they buffed my dragon tooth! at 40str my AR went up from 568 to 598!

still no poise, but somewhere Havel is smiling.
Great Club Tank win streak: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jViYpffo8w
How to tank vs. a very skilled player: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FPd7ESMDjs
Evidence of Poise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v3fi804W0I