Discussions from our smallest wikis are found here! Check the Wiki Hub for details

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Op item. I wouldn't recommend focusing on this item unless you plan to go beat the game in early phase.
not an op item. It's in DnD and not hard to get around level 3 or 4 based on rarity. My question is do you have to kill to get it or can you loot it from Lump instead of fighting him.
It's in his stomach, so yes, you have to kill him.

atletikus

Souls: 50.00
This is clearly OP. That it considered an uncommon wonderous item in 5e TT does not change that fact. You also fail to consider that unlike the tabletop, the BG3 player is GUARANTEED getting this at an early level. This allows for metagaming exploits such as Wizards using intelligence as a dump stat (8 int). In terms of point buy in the character generator, this is worth 9 extra points.

atletikus

2/2 Point buy:
* 9 extra point just to get from 8/9 to 15/16.
If one of my players got it off a random roll, I'd have kings and demigods sending assassins to take it from them. Imagine being subject to a dumbass lord or lady who is making everyones lives horrible through incompetence and making them a genius just like that.
Since it is early access and you can't get higher than 18 anyways. You can spec a dwarven battle mage using the headband.
Am I the only one that created a wizard with the lowest intelligence possible and then headed for this item as my main goal.
I tried that and for now I'm really struggling to hit anything .. how does it work for you ?
same here, started with shield dwarf wizard, 8 int , 16 str, 16 con, medium armor, battle-axe wielding warmaiden having a blast

could even knock down con to 14 and pump some points into dex

Scalz311

While that would be a tactic to use, it feels so incredibly cheap to me that I'd never do it, but to each his own. Having this bump up your wizard from 16 to 18 is still very useful. Can also use it on a Eldritch Knight or Arcane Trickster to get their stats up.

Baraz

Souls: 535.00
Wiki Edits: 92
I hope that item gets magically destroyed later in the game... so those Wizards with 8 intelligence end-up looking like what they truly are ...