Discussions from our smallest wikis are found here! Check the Wiki Hub for details
By Anonymous
Not sure if bug or not, but you may have to talk to Spike before the goblins become hostile. Killing him afterwards makes Wyll a bit mad, but knocking him out doesn't do anything.
By Anonymous
Yeah he specifically tells you not to start beheading every goblin you see until he gets a chance to talk to Spike
By Anonymous
Wyll died in the fight for me and there was no way to revive him. Didn't even realize he was a companion until I looked at the wiki. Oh well... early access.
By Anonymous
Note: if you kill Spike (resulting in a loss of Wyll approval, as he wants him kept alive for questioning) all is not lost. Acquire the Speak with Dead spell and use it on Spike's corpse. Wyll will ask to take over interrogation and if you let him, he will get the required information, as well as an Approval gain - probably enough to counteract the previous loss.

-H
By Anonymous
This didn't work for me. I scared them away at the windmill and then KOd Spike at the temple. Couldn't figure out a way to speak with him though, so I tried killing him and casting Speak With Dead. He had plenty to say, but none of it stopped my Journal from noting that "Spike died before telling us anything useful" and "Wyll wasn't too pleased" :(

One of the things Spike says out loud in combat is "The Drow has your lady"--or something to that effect--but the Drow certainly doesn't have any dialogue options pertaining to it and your quest journal is none the wiser.
By Anonymous
At the moment, there doesn’t seem to be any way to progress the story if Spike becomes hostile to you. I’ve tried knocking him out, charming him, and killing him then using Speak with Dead (the last of which appears to give answers but which leads Wyll to act like you got nothing from him). Make sure you talk to Spike before attacking anyone in the Goblin Camp.